Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who can you take with you?

Who can you take with you?

Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:19 pm
Novapye

Novapye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who can you take with you?

I am really interested in moving to NZ with my family. Partner and two kids. However, my mother who is on her own is my childcare provider and she really wants to come with us. Can she? She is 63 and retired so she hasn't got a skill in demand. Can she come on my application as part of the family?

Any help on this matter would be grateful.

Thanks.

Nic
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who can you take with you?

Originally Posted by Novapye
I am really interested in moving to NZ with my family. Partner and two kids. However, my mother who is on her own is my childcare provider and she really wants to come with us. Can she? She is 63 and retired so she hasn't got a skill in demand. Can she come on my application as part of the family?

Any help on this matter would be grateful.

Thanks.

Nic
I do believe so yes, but the application may take longer. I once met a family from Manchester in the Park in Upper Hutt and they had the same scenario but with the father. They included him on there application as the child care provider for the family and they had little problem.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That's interesting to know Simon. HHmm!

How did they go on for this 'centre of gravity' thing.

Do you have other brothers and/or sisters in the UK Novapye?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
That's interesting to know Simon. HHmm!

How did they go on for this 'centre of gravity' thing.

Do you have other brothers and/or sisters in the UK Novapye?
I did n't dig to deep into how, just listened really, but thought myself... hhhmmmm interesting...
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:12 pm
`

hhhmmmmm . Very interesting.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:12 pm
Novapye

Novapye is an unknown quantity at this point

That is interesting Simon. Thanks.

Bev, yes I do have two siblings in the uk. One I never see and have nothing to do with and the other is also trying to move to NZ with her soon to be husband.

My partner has no family.

Nic
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:18 am
`

It is not usual for a parent to be allowed to emigrate with you. Particularly as she has two children who will still be living in the UK. Her centre of gravity remains there.
Once your sibling moves to NZ, your Mother's centre of gravity moves to NZ.

However, SimonMarkEllis states he thinks someone has made a case.

The only thing you can do is approach NZIS direct. Perhaps make a trip to NZIS house in London to have a chat. If you and your partner both have skills that NZ wants and needs and you both intend to work full-time, then perhaps NZIS will consider allowing you to move your parent early. Particularly is your other sibling will prepare an application to emigrate to NZ in tandem to yours.