Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who’s who in the Zoo ?

Who’s who in the Zoo ?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:00 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Who’s who in the Zoo ?

Who’s who in the Zoo?

The NZ Privacy act which protects certain information being disclosed which is rather scary in this situation.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10430889

In my opinion it is one of the imbalances of New Zealand where a company wishing to send out marketing emails ( for example) is breaching the privacy act but it is acceptable for companies to sell contact lists with my home details where we can receive up to 8 phone calls ( all around tea-time) with companies trying to sell you whatever.

The privacy act on one hand may favour an employee at application to work stage, if for example they have a history. But if you are an employer, as in this example, the Zoo it could put your company / organisation at huge risk as the obvious case here.

Had there be an incident or relapse with the possibility of threat or danger to children (the majority of visitors to zoos) who would be responsible if some child was victim to this person that previously stabbed their mother to death.

I mean what sort of people do we have that come up with those kinds of solutions? Someone with a known history (let’s just put it like that) is now working in a Zoo under “second chance”. Personally I think they should be called “chancers”.

I think I have made my opinion clear and would like to get yours.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:49 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who’s who in the Zoo ?

[QUOTE=Campbells;4561501]Who’s who in the Zoo?

QUOTE]

Actually Campbell's, I think you've lost me on this one.

A very difficult subject though. And in this particular article, one where some key facts are missing, possibly to strike a reader chord, as the media must achieve.

From an objective point of view, considering society as a whole, people deserve a second chance and the chance to contribute to society, of which employment is a major part.

From a subjective point of view, it would be difficult to have one's own children in such an environment. Although they may in fact find themselves in such an environment without us knowing.

In this particular example, the person has a mental health issue and without knowing the medical facts about the condition, or more details on the case, I'm not sure whether the Zoo environment was an appropriate one or not in terms of rehabilitation. In particular, there was no mention of the 'patient's' age, relationship with mother (rather critical!) or previous rehabilitation activities that are important.

Also, one could always do work in a zoo when it is closed to members of the public, to minimise risk.

But yes I also can't stand the numerous phone calls selling one unnecessary product/service after another at the worst time of day for families. You'd think they could at least get the timing right!?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:06 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

never had the problem from unsolicited calls from companies who have your info as I always answer the fone with .

ARRO ,WHA YU WAN ,Rice or Chip.(Aucklander talk)
Never say who you are to any unsolicited call.This is becoming a big issue here .In the UK you can get it stopped ,here is just learning the ways of the west .
Alternative is dont visit the zoo

Last edited by cherry; Mar 26th 2007 at 10:10 am.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:47 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cherry
never had the problem from unsolicited calls from companies who have your info as I always answer the fone with .

ARRO ,WHA YU WAN ,Rice or Chip.(Aucklander talk)
Never say who you are to any unsolicited call.This is becoming a big issue here .In the UK you can get it stopped ,here is just learning the ways of the west .
Alternative is dont visit the zoo
Ha ha ha, now you are flying close to the ground!

To be honest I used to do that until I answered a call just in that fashion and it was the NZIS so I had to think quickly and say, HO ON, I CAW HIM FO U.

I think we can programme our handsets to play music on-hold and could get some serious bagpipe music just for those occasions.

Kind of …………..
Yeah sure we are really interested in having our chimney swept (we actually got one of those and we don’t have a chimney) just hold on for a moment while I light the gas lamps ………..
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:59 am
Account Closed

I fly so low I can get under your bedspread .
Love it and the banter .
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:01 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Ha ha ha, now you are flying close to the ground!

To be honest I used to do that until I answered a call just in that fashion and it was the NZIS so I had to think quickly and say, HO ON, I CAW HIM FO U.

I think we can programme our handsets to play music on-hold and could get some serious bagpipe music just for those occasions.

Kind of …………..
Yeah sure we are really interested in having our chimney swept (we actually got one of those and we don’t have a chimney) just hold on for a moment while I light the gas lamps ………..
A huge favourite of mine was to play along for quite some time and then tell them I was a mental health patient sectioned under section 3 of the mental health act - would that make any difference? To those who don't know - yes it does make a difference as you are basically deemed incapable of making any kind of decision. The resounding silence was always priceless and they couldn't get off the phone quick enough. Give it a try - and if you are a mental health patient - take everything they try to sell you!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by karonious
A huge favourite of mine was to play along for quite some time and then tell them I was a mental health patient sectioned under section 3 of the mental health act - would that make any difference? To those who don't know - yes it does make a difference as you are basically deemed incapable of making any kind of decision. The resounding silence was always priceless and they couldn't get off the phone quick enough. Give it a try - and if you are a mental health patient - take everything they try to sell you!

I DO
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:41 am
Banned

Ehh, ello, is dat Mester Campbell

Yes,

Ehh, Mester Campbell how are you today?

I’m having a great day.

Ehh, seh, you have won a prize

Yeay, yeah, yeah, hold on let me just get a drink, this is amazing this is the second prize I won today, I just won a heap of money , can you believe my luck, ok go on

Ehh, seh, I em hapy to tell u…

Yeah yeh, I have won a prize. What’s you name ?

(rustling of papers) Ehh, seh, you have won a prize

Yes, yes I know, what’s your name

Ehh, Joseph

Ok Joseph, thank you .

Ehh, seh, you have one a prize and we wa…………

Ok Joesph, this is awesome what’s your number I’m going to call you right back

Ehh, seh, you have won a prize, ehh (more rustling of papers)

Ok Joseph, just send the prize to me

Ehh, seh, jeest old on. ( on hold music) Ehh, seh, you have won a prize and y …

Joseph, have I won a prize?

Ehh, seh , jest hold on ( on hold music), ello seh, ehh…

Joseph, I have to go in a few moments can I give you my address quickly so you can send me my prize

Ehh, beep…………………………….
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cherry
I fly so low I can get under your bedspread .
Love it and the banter .
Bedspread ?

I have no such thing, I have a 10% Kiwi sheepskin . My passion den.

(psst, got some in the car too, on a humid Auckland day there’s there nothing like stepping out the car into a client’s smelling of sweaty sheep).
Attached Thumbnails Who’s who in the Zoo ?-100nz-copy.jpg