Reload this Page >

White Water Rafting - Lake Taupo

White Water Rafting - Lake Taupo

Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:27 am
Just Joined

stevie839 is on a distinguished road
Default White Water Rafting - Lake Taupo

Hi all,

To carry on with the theme from my other thread 'linton' I also need help with information on White Water Rafting and accomodation in Lake Taupo.

I've done a little research and hoping to go with a company called Kiwi River Safari (for the White Water Rafting) depending on your feedback. I have still yet to decide on accommodation.

I thought posing the questions on this forum would provide me with answers from people who have experienced the companies first hand (or knows somebody that has) because you can't beat the personal recommendation.

We need a Level 3 course and from what I have seen, the Tongariro River experience looks okay. There are 20 of us, majority females, some happy to undergo a white knuckle ride and some who would prefer to float along with a beer in their hand.

One things for sure is that we def want to be acommodated in Taupo overnight (Friday) and have a few drinks late into the morning!! Purely for the nightlife!! Anyone got any feedback on Finn MacCuhal Irish Bar?

We only need basic, cheap accommodation, lets face it we only need it to sleep for a few hours!! Any recommendations for a suitable place thats in staggering distance from the nightlife in Taupo?

Cheers all,

Lorraine
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: White Water Rafting - Lake Taupo

Been to the bar...its ok...I actually found the bar man to be rude... but he might just have been having a bad day.
But I not a big dark irish bar fan...I just don't get it!!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:22 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I think just across the road from the Irish Bar (or even upstairs?) is a backpackers, in the heart of the town there is also a camping site - otherwise there are tonnes of motels in Taupo.

Don't know much about the rafting, we've only done jet boating in Taupo.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

stevie839 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stevie839
Hi all,

To carry on with the theme from my other thread 'linton' I also need help with information on White Water Rafting and accomodation in Lake Taupo.

I've done a little research and hoping to go with a company called Kiwi River Safari (for the White Water Rafting) depending on your feedback. I have still yet to decide on accommodation.

I thought posing the questions on this forum would provide me with answers from people who have experienced the companies first hand (or knows somebody that has) because you can't beat the personal recommendation.

We need a Level 3 course and from what I have seen, the Tongariro River experience looks okay. There are 20 of us, majority females, some happy to undergo a white knuckle ride and some who would prefer to float along with a beer in their hand.

One things for sure is that we def want to be acommodated in Taupo overnight (Friday) and have a few drinks late into the morning!! Purely for the nightlife!! Anyone got any feedback on Finn MacCuhal Irish Bar?

We only need basic, cheap accommodation, lets face it we only need it to sleep for a few hours!! Any recommendations for a suitable place thats in staggering distance from the nightlife in Taupo?

Cheers all,

Lorraine
Originally Posted by jueinnz
Been to the bar...its ok...I actually found the bar man to be rude... but he might just have been having a bad day.
But I not a big dark irish bar fan...I just don't get it!!!
Originally Posted by P18PPS
I think just across the road from the Irish Bar (or even upstairs?) is a backpackers, in the heart of the town there is also a camping site - otherwise there are tonnes of motels in Taupo.

Don't know much about the rafting, we've only done jet boating in Taupo.

Thanks all,

Been away all week and just got internet access back. I'll keep researching to see if I come up with any more answers. I'm sure we will have a great time wherever, whoever we book with

Stay safe

Lorraine