Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

White water rafting.

White water rafting.

Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:02 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Default White water rafting.

After a request to put some pics on of our rafting experience, it was amazing, and we all can't wait to do it again.

Son Sam in front, Me in next row, OH and his brother in back, side by side.

Even though we ended up being dumped out coming down 7m high waterfall , it was so brilliant, for anyone who loves the water it should be a must. I am proud of us all for doing it, i am nearly 40, and have always wanted to, so now its done, want to go again.

If anyone wants to know who we went with, I'll post those details.
Now will try to add pics, don't laugh too much.
Attached Thumbnails White water rafting.-dsc_6999.jpg   White water rafting.-dsc_7016.jpg   White water rafting.-dsc_7017.jpg   White water rafting.-dsc_7023.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:14 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: White water rafting.

Originally Posted by Marika 38
After a request to put some pics on of our rafting experience, it was amazing, and we all can't wait to do it again.

Even though we ended up being dumped out coming down 7m high waterfall , it was so brilliant, for anyone who loves the water it should be a must. I am proud of us all for doing it, i am nearly 40, and have always wanted to, so now its done, want to go again.

Mate ... it's official ... you're all insane!!

My idea of brilliant and amazing - me, Jonny Depp & Robbie naked in a spa drinking Bolly - see I love the water too!

But, credit where credit's due - well done, what a thing to have experienced!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:19 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

My dad told me we're all mad today too. I don't understand, i seriously want to do it again, but would love to stay in boat for entire trip, not to have to be hauled back in half way through it, i can tell you it certainly takes your mind off everything, you have to concentrate alot, and when he yells get down, my god, i moved quick and was tucked in before you knew it.

You are right to be as cautious as you are being, with your ex employers too.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:24 am

My dad told me we're all mad today too. I don't understand, i seriously want to do it again, but would love to stay in boat for entire trip, not to have to be hauled back in half way through it, i can tell you it certainly takes your mind off everything, you have to concentrate alot, and when he yells get down, my god, i moved quick and was tucked in before you knew it.

You are right to be as cautious as you are being, with your ex employers too.
I just hope your life insurance was all paid up?! When Hubby won the stunt plane trip and flew over the house, I missed most of it as my head was in the filing cabinet checking he hadn't missed a payment!

A white knuckle ride to me is a Stannah Stair Lift.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That looks so blummin' brilliant. I could be so tempted. Was it that good ?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:27 am
`

My idea of brilliant and amazing - me, Jonny Depp & Robbie naked in a spa drinking Bolly
HHmm! Now I'm dithering.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here
HHmm! Now I'm dithering.
And still the hair is perfect ...
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:31 am
Cornish Lass

Bevs, be tempted, it was THAT good. They have told me aswell it is quite unusual for the raft to go over, of course that made us feel great !!, but we asked did we do anything wrong, and he said no we did great, just the water didn't like us, and we hit a wrong spot, and over we went.
The rest of the trip was 14 other rapids of different sizes, some to paddle down, a couple of others where he yells get down.
The other thing they do with you, is river surfing, where you paddle the front of the boat into waterfall, and it all sparys up and fills the front of boat, its hilarious, you get drenched, and the guide keeps you there for what seems like ages, i laughed so much i had to try to control myself, or i couldn't breathe
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:37 am
Cornish Lass

This is river surfing, !!!!!! Awesome
Attached Thumbnails White water rafting.-dsc_7033.jpg   White water rafting.-dsc_7034.jpg   White water rafting.-dsc_7036.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:09 am
`

OMG again I don't do the word awesome but that looks AWESOME. It's appealing to me. You wouldn't get that on the River Avon Christchurch UK

Is this similar ?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:57 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

That looks familiar!

Awesome experience though. Glad to see it's not just us that got tipped out of the boat!!
This was 6 years ago by the way!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:01 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

where are those pictures of? I have a similar one from Kaituna River in Rotorua...
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:05 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Can't remember the river name - but it was in Rotorua. Company was called Raftabout I think.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Great pics Marika..............looks like your having a great time. I did white water rafting a few years ago up North and loved it.
p.s. will email you as soon as I get update.................
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:03 pm
Cornish Lass

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
where are those pictures of? I have a similar one from Kaituna River in Rotorua...
Yes thats it the Kaituna river near Rotorua, and yes like Rob, it was Raftabout.
I'm glad too Rob, that it wasn't just us, makes it a fuller experience though dosn't it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.