White Flight

Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future
Default White Flight

Interesting article in the Daily Wail today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Britain.html

It would be interesting to learn of peoples reasons for emigrating from the UK to NZ (or wanting to leave), and whether a major factor in deciding to emigrate was to do with mass immigration in the UK.

I know when I left the UK for NZ 10 years ago, immigration was a factor, although not a major one, with other things like traffic, weather, quality of life etc being the major factors. Now however, mass immigration would be a major factor IF I decided to leave the UK again, although it is not immigration per se I am against, it is the way it is unchecked and uncontrolled which fuels more congestion, higher taxes, crime, political correctness, neutrality of indenginous culture, etc.

One thing I recall when I lived in NZ, is that any cultural baggage you had, you left behind; you were in NZ and therefore you live as a New Zealander.

Discuss.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: White Flight

Great Post. Thanks for the link. I might write some comments on DM

Last edited by crap coffee; Sep 30th 2008 at 9:41 am.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I'll write mine to
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

I am assuming Crap Coffee, that you are indeed Cathy! Good post on the DM.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

what is DM???
nic

oh dear god, sorry, Daily Mail, having one those days, real blonde moment that one!!

Last edited by nic.gem.soph; Oct 1st 2008 at 6:14 pm. Reason: duh
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpg
I am assuming Crap Coffee, that you are indeed Cathy! Good post on the DM.

My name is Libby. Nice to meet you
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't take too much notice of any Daily Mail article !
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Migration Watch UK may be the place to have a read then . It has links to press articles from several UK newspapers.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Migration Watch UK may be the place to have a read then . It has links to press articles from several UK newspapers.
But that is also a politically motivated right wing pressure group.

G
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yup. It seems to be the source of the various immigration UK newspaper articles.

Can you find an opposing site for balance ? I couldn't.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

My name is Libby. Nice to meet you
Sorry Libby - saw a 'Cathy' post on the DM who was from NZ and thought I was putting 2 and 2 together

I'm Michael - and nice to meet you as well
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mpg
Sorry Libby - saw a 'Cathy' post on the DM who was from NZ and thought I was putting 2 and 2 together

I'm Michael - and nice to meet you as well
Hi How are ya t'day?

thanks for introducing yourself! ...

I am going home from work now.. Oh, it's so late!

all the best,

L
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
But that is also a politically motivated right wing pressure group.

G
Sorry Grayling but you are wrong. As it says on the 'tin' Migration Watch "...are a voluntary, non political, body which is concerned about the present scale of immigration into the UK."

It was set up a few years ago by the highly respected Sir Andrew Green, who was a former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia and it emphasises that it "is an independent think tank which has no links to any political party or organisation."

It takes a wholly unbiased view on immigration into the UK and uses information including Government statistics in an attempt to give a balanced view.

But in the end, it only concludes what is obvious, that the present levels of immigration into the UK is unsustainble and will have dire consequences.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:55 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpg
It takes a wholly unbiased view on immigration into the UK and uses information including Government statistics in an attempt to give a balanced view.
It might say that but Andrew Green is and always has been a rabid right winger.

Migration Watch are a right wing organisation who OPPOSE immigration to the UK.

G
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
It might say that but Andrew Green is and always has been a rabid right winger.

Migration Watch are a right wing organisation who OPPOSE immigration to the UK.

G
We are at least going to agree to disagree! (Sounds like a famous Monty Python sketch!).

At the end of the day, everybody has a 'political' position and hence whoever is fronting MW will always have some baggage. But it is those who are able to put aside pre-conceptions and take accurate information from reliable sources and present the same without adding any spin and draws a natural conclusion. Something that MW (in my opinion) does well.

There is no other organisation in the UK that has put its head above the immigration parapet and provides such accurate information and sensible debate. You compare this to the other 'independent' organisations like the CRE and the Trade Union movement.

And MW do not oppose immigration per se. They oppose the way it is unchecked and unbalanced: Full stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.