Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A whisper re: NZRTA - HGV Drivers - LTSSL

A whisper re: NZRTA - HGV Drivers - LTSSL

Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default A whisper re: NZRTA - HGV Drivers - LTSSL

I head a whisper last evening that the NZRTA New Zealand Road Transport Association are to lobby the government to have Heavy Transport Drivers put on the Long Term Shortage List.

We were out & I heard some of the blokies chatting about this. It seems there are several huge long-term projects coming up which will require HGV / haulage coming up and not enough drivers to fill possible vacancies.

Obviously I can't access the site to check and see if there is an article or announcement to this effect.

Has anyone else heard this?
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: A whisper re: NZRTA - HGV Drivers - LTSSL

HIYA BEV - ARE YOU REFERING TO THE NZRTA WEBSITE? MY OH IS A HGV DRIVER AND WHEN WE WERE IN NZ LAST YEAR LOOKING TO STAY PERMANENTLY THERE WERE WHISPERS OF THAT RUMOUR THEN SO I GOT IN TOUCH WITH THE EDITORS OF THE NZ TRUCK DRIVER MAGAZINES FOR SOME TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF VARIOUS HEADS OF RELEVANT DEPARTMENTS AND STATED OUR CASE THAT WE WERE WILLING TO WORK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE NZ ECOMOMY , HAD ALREADY MADE FRIENDS WITH QUITE A FEW OF THE LOCALS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY COULD MAKE ANY COMMITMENT TO US BY LETTING US KNOW IF THE TRUCKING WAS TO GO ON THE LTSL- THEY SHOWED REAL EMPATHY BUT COULDNT TELL US ANYTHING DEFINATE OTHER THAN THE RULES CHANGE FROM DAY TO DAY - SO AS WE ARENT GETTING ANY YOUNGER WE CAME BACK TO THE UK AND HAD A RE THINK - WE DECIDED OH WOULD GO BACK TO PAINTING AND DECORATING AND GET CITY AND GUILDS LEVEL 3 THEN WE HOPE TO COME BACK FOR GOOD NEXT YEAR - GET A JOB - GET A WORK PERMIT -GET PLENTY OF NZ WORK EXPERIENCE AND STUDY FOR LEVEL 4 TO KEEP US THERE 4EVER.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:30 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: A whisper re: NZRTA - HGV Drivers - LTSSL

Originally Posted by sananddave
...THEN WE HOPE TO COME BACK FOR GOOD NEXT YEAR - GET A JOB - GET A WORK PERMIT -GET PLENTY OF NZ WORK EXPERIENCE AND STUDY FOR LEVEL 4 TO KEEP US THERE 4EVER.
That's the way! Big ups!