Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Question Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

We received the 'Selected' message on 16th Aug. and told the 'checks' take 2-4 weeks- the 4 weeks are up and there's nothing in the post. Will something appear on 'what's happening' section of NZIS website like it did for EOI? I'm feeling very concerned. Anyone out there who can tell me how long their ITA took and how they found out.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

We were selected early July and are too very nervous as we haven't received anything as yet! We keep checking the website and it just says selected.

Very worried!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeany
We were selected early July and are too very nervous as we haven't received anything as yet! We keep checking the website and it just says selected.

Very worried!
Goodness I wonder if it's just that they have people on holiday and are taking longer to respond or whether they are having trouble checking our details?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
We received the 'Selected' message on 16th Aug. and told the 'checks' take 2-4 weeks- the 4 weeks are up and there's nothing in the post. Will something appear on 'what's happening' section of NZIS website like it did for EOI? I'm feeling very concerned. Anyone out there who can tell me how long their ITA took and how they found out.
We to were selected on the first week in July and as yet no news. I'm assuming you don't have a job offer as they get priority. Hang in there.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
We to were selected on the first week in July and as yet no news. I'm assuming you don't have a job offer as they get priority. Hang in there.
Thank you for responding- phew. ok it looks like we are all being kept waiting and you and 'Jeany' were selected 6 weeks before us! No we don't have a job offer . Hubby thought it would give him a chance to take his time to look for work when we arrived.
I'm not anxious because of an imminent deadline. It's more that I want to see the ITA and visa sooner rather than later. We have a buyer for our house and will be moving into rented house till we go to NZ or in worst case of no visa , till we move to somewhere else!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

jeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant futurejeany has a brilliant future

We don't have a job offer either but good news to hear we are not on our own!!!!!!! We have sold our house too! It went within 48 hours of putting it on the market, didn't expect that!
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jeany
We don't have a job offer either but good news to hear we are not on our own!!!!!!! We have sold our house too! It went within 48 hours of putting it on the market, didn't expect that!
Weird- we didn't put ours on the market- our buyer is a friend of our neighbour and she asked if we'd sell house to her! At least we (hopefully) won't be trying to do everything at once! Glad to know there are several people in same boat re ITA
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Weird- we didn't put ours on the market- our buyer is a friend of our neighbour and she asked if we'd sell house to her! At least we (hopefully) won't be trying to do everything at once! Glad to know there are several people in same boat re ITA
Hi there,
Although I put in job offer ITA still taking AGES!! The medical sign off is generally the hold up. Ours took 4 weeks to come back even with a job offer and then it came back with all the medical queries (Raised LFT, elevated BMI and history of hypertension). The medics appear megga busy and are overloaded with clearance queries, it may come back with a slight query. Good luck!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hi there,
Although I put in job offer ITA still taking AGES!! The medical sign off is generally the hold up. Ours took 4 weeks to come back even with a job offer and then it came back with all the medical queries (Raised LFT, elevated BMI and history of hypertension). The medics appear megga busy and are overloaded with clearance queries, it may come back with a slight query. Good luck!
Frenchy good luck with your meds results and queries. All this waiting around is a cert. for raising blood pressure
Old Sep 15th 2006, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice

Hi,
Mine was selected same date as yours. I received a letter today saying that I could expect a case officer to be appointed and to contact me (no time scale indicated) but letter sounded as though it was imminent. Good Luck
Old Sep 15th 2006, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by caitlin206
Hi,
Mine was selected same date as yours. I received a letter today saying that I could expect a case officer to be appointed and to contact me (no time scale indicated) but letter sounded as though it was imminent. Good Luck
Good news. One step nearer for you.
we had a letter a couple of weeks ago that told us same info as on NZIS website with the 'selected' section. Nothing else yet. I've been looking for the ITA letter and package, but from the other posters it looks like at least another 6 weeks before we are due!
There's quite a crowd of us all waiting around.
Good luck.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:18 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. One step nearer for you.
we had a letter a couple of weeks ago that told us same info as on NZIS website with the 'selected' section. Nothing else yet. I've been looking for the ITA letter and package, but from the other posters it looks like at least another 6 weeks before we are due!
There's quite a crowd of us all waiting around.
Good luck.
Hi just wanted to let you know that we were selected at the same time as you and as yet have heard nothing else - we are living in Canada at the moment and debating whether to stay here or go to NZ, I guess it'll be whichever country offers us a visa first I will watch your posts with interest, the waiting is driving me mad
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by louise033
Hi just wanted to let you know that we were selected at the same time as you and as yet have heard nothing else - we are living in Canada at the moment and debating whether to stay here or go to NZ, I guess it'll be whichever country offers us a visa first I will watch your posts with interest, the waiting is driving me mad
Hubby and I did the Canadian Rockies trip last Sept/October. Fantastic place but was snowing and freezing in Banff- Jasper as expected- beautiful but just a tad too cold for me to want to live there.

I 'll be interested in knowing when each of us on the thread receives that ITA package!
It has helped me knowing others are in same boat.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

jonnytoes is an unknown quantity at this point

We were selected from the pool on Aug 30th and received our ITA last week together with contact details of our case officer. I have job offer in area of skills shortage so maybe that helped. Keep hope alive.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonnytoes
We were selected from the pool on Aug 30th and received our ITA last week together with contact details of our case officer. I have job offer in area of skills shortage so maybe that helped. Keep hope alive.
Well done, lucky you, yes I'm sure having the job offer helped

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.