Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

Just wondered if anyone has received their ITA this week?

Also a question...several people have said that there is a long wait for medical appointments, so should we book an appointment for say Nov just to make sure that once the ITA comes we have the meds booked?
And likewise should we go ahead and fill police check forms out - can't remember if there's a time limit on them- ie. between getting them and validating- better go and look on NZIS website?!
Helen
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:29 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where's my ITA?I'm getting nervous!

Originally Posted by helinuk

Also a question...several people have said that there is a long wait for medical appointments, so should we book an appointment for say Nov just to make sure that once the ITA comes we have the meds booked?
And likewise should we go ahead and fill police check forms out - can't remember if there's a time limit on them- ie. between getting them and validating- better go and look on NZIS website?!
Helen
Hi Helen,

we still haven't heard, the website is still tellng us 'selected'. When we got our police checks for Canada, we were told they are a bit like an mot, only valid for the day you apply? Hopefully we will all hear soon
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Helen

Evening Helen. I know for certain, here in Kent the GPs are fully booked 'til after xmas. The only thing i will say is that medicals (inc x-rays) only last three months. But i would strongly advise gatting police checks done sooner rather than later, these are valid for six months but are taking the full forty days to arrive. Hope this is of some help. Chin up.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spackster
Evening Helen. I know for certain, here in Kent the GPs are fully booked 'til after xmas. The only thing i will say is that medicals (inc x-rays) only last three months. But i would strongly advise gatting police checks done sooner rather than later, these are valid for six months but are taking the full forty days to arrive. Hope this is of some help. Chin up.
wow thats going to be a long wait for medicals for some people! Thanks for the tip.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:56 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spackster
if you're able/prepared to travel there are plenty of appointments in Birmingham - I've just booked one (2A, 2C inc x-rays) for 3 weeks time - could have had one in a fortnight and can cancel within 24hrs. Also the surgery was the one on top of the list after a "Birmingham" search.
Hope this helps someone.
Ian
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Anyone received their ITA this week?

9weeks -Still no package for us.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

MiniMad is an unknown quantity at this point

We received the 'Selected' message on 16th Aug. and told the 'checks' take 2-4 weeks- the 4 weeks are up and there's nothing in the post. Will something appear on 'what's happening' section of NZIS website like it did for EOI? I'm feeling very concerned. Anyone out there who can tell me how long their ITA took and how they found out.

If I were you I would contact the NZIS and ask them whats going on - We were selected from the pool in middle of October and received our ITA at the weekend.

You really need to contact NZIS
Good luck
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MiniMad
If I were you I would contact the NZIS and ask them whats going on - We were selected from the pool in middle of October and received our ITA at the weekend.

You really need to contact NZIS
Good luck
Well done!
Do you have a job offer? Those with jobs are much quicker.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:40 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone received their ITA this week?

9weeks -Still no package for us.
hi Helen, nothing for us yet either! We were selected on the same day as you - I did read on the web site that it could take up to 3 months! fingers crossed
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

MiniMad is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done!
Do you have a job offer? Those with jobs are much quicker.
Thankfully yes, Ive been offerred a job in Wellington, and they want me to start in January so bit of a rush now to get all the paperwork together!

Good luck everyone
MiniMad
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:03 am
Just Joined

titi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I don't have any job offer from NZ, but have current employment in IT field which is under area of skill shortage and future growth area. What are the documents I can prepare for my ITA to claim the points for working experience? Have job offer letter but without job description. Feel reluctant to get the letter from current employer as that might impact my employment here. Any advice?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just a quick post to say the ITA all good (says 'decision successful' on NZIS website) just waiting for package to pop through letter box. Onto next stage of paper chase.