British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Wheres Loolah? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wheres-loolah-444208/)

kwprwn Apr 23rd 2007 2:09 am

Wheres Loolah?

Has any one seen or heard from Loolah

Shes been missing since her departure 2 weeks ago from the UK? am guessing she is sat on here dick drinking bolly somewere

Answers on a postcard please

Blue Peter badge for the winner:D

karonious Apr 23rd 2007 4:39 am

Re: Wheres Loolah?

Originally Posted by kwprwn (Post 4683152)
Has any one seen or heard from Loolah

Shes been missing since her departure 2 weeks ago from the UK? am guessing she is sat on here dick drinking bolly somewere

Answers on a postcard please

Blue Peter badge for the winner:D

I spoke to Helinuk last Monday and she has met Caroline in Tauranga...must be lying low! No internet connection I would guess :blink:
Incidentally, hope the rest of your recce went OK Helen :thumbup:

kwprwn Apr 23rd 2007 4:56 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4683346)
I spoke to Helinuk last Monday and she has met Caroline in Tauranga...must be lying low! No internet connection I would guess :blink:

at least she has made it...Blue Peter badge for you

helinuk Apr 23rd 2007 7:33 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4683346)

Hi everyone... I'm back home.
Yes I met Caroline (as crazily daft and lovely, in RL as on the forum:D )
we had a few glasses of wine and caught up on news. Also met her hubby and lovely children She is in a 'holiday let' so has to go into Starbucks to get her emails. I don't think we'll hear much from her till she finds a rental or buys something.

Am Loolah Apr 23rd 2007 7:59 am

Originally Posted by helinuk (Post 4683633)
Hi everyone... I'm back home.
Yes I met Caroline (as crazily daft and lovely, in RL as on the forum:D )
we had a few glasses of wine and caught up on news. Also met her hubby and lovely children She is in a 'holiday let' so has to go into Starbucks to get her emails. I don't think we'll hear much from her till she finds a rental or buys something.

Blush, blush, who me?!:wub:

Hello folks, you are spot on sweet Helen (Oh and lovely Hubby!!) I am sat in Starbucks all alone with a flat white, enjoying the luxuary of having left the kids and hubby behind!!

Yes, we have no internet, no landline and can't be bothered to get on with it! Still in holiday mode I'm afraid until next week - when I go back to school???:o

Looking for a house to buy, can you believe some rude buggers have snapped up all the beachfront ones that would have been in my budget and I am now having to resort to imaginary house hunting, drifting through the multi million $ ones on Open Home days? The kids no longer speak to me and have vowed to smash something of value if I drag them around one more house!:(

I like this New Zealand place anyway! I wrote an arrival poem, anyone?? .... Another coffee then I guess!

mazi Apr 23rd 2007 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4683685)

Hello folks, you are spot on sweet Helen (Oh and lovely Hubby!!) I am sat in Starbucks all alone with a flat white, enjoying the luxuary of having left the kids and hubby behind!!

Yes, we have no internet, no landline and can't be bothered to get on with it! Still in holiday mode I'm afraid until next week - when I go back to school???:o

Looking for a house to buy, can you believe some rude buggers have snapped up all the beachfront ones that would have been in my budget and I am now having to resort to imaginary house hunting, drifting through the multi million $ ones on Open Home days? The kids no longer speak to me and have vowed to smash something of value if I drag them around one more house!:(

I like this New Zealand place anyway! I wrote an arrival poem, anyone?? .... Another coffee then I guess!

How's the no-smoking?

Am Loolah Apr 23rd 2007 8:06 am

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4683689)
How's the no-smoking?

Not a single smoko has passed my lips since the 5th February I kid you not!! Then I get here and everyone seems to smoke, so much for this healthy living malarkey?!

I did attempt runing along the beach this evening with one of the dogs, I was thinking BayWatch Pamela Anderson stylie, but I think I achieved more LackofSportsBraWatch?!:o

mazi Apr 23rd 2007 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4683703)
Not a single smoko has passed my lips since the 5th February I kid you not!! Then I get here and everyone seems to smoke, so much for this healthy living malarkey?!

I did attempt runing along the beach this evening with one of the dogs, I was thinking BayWatch Pamela Anderson stylie, but I think I achieved more LackofSportsBraWatch?!:o

"Smoko"???!!!:eek: You haven't turned Kiwi already, have you?

Well done, that girl - but WHY WHY WHY attempt sport AND not smoking - why do you want to take away ALL the fun in your life?

I haven't had a fag since 1am this morning.

lardyl Apr 23rd 2007 8:13 am

gawd preserve us.....:eek: :rofl:
hey, good to hear from you, furnished rentals are fun arent they? I'd avoid the Telecom people too - our first two months of bills came to over $500!!! (mainly internet on a phonecard with an access number at 45c / minute!! rip off Britain HA, welcome to rip-off NZ!!!!!!
Anyway good luck on the house-hunting, thought about going for a 6 or 12 month rental - seem to be plenty around here at the mo' (typical as we rushed around trying to get one about 5wks ago!!)......

helinuk Apr 23rd 2007 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4683685)

Hello Caroline
How are you? I keep oscillating between wanting to move to Tauranga and Welly. The warmth of Tauranga is winning :lol:
Just off to hand rental agreement to agent.
Keep in touch.:)

Helen

lardyl Apr 23rd 2007 8:20 am

Originally Posted by helinuk (Post 4683729)
Hello Caroline
How are you? I keep oscillating between wanting to move to Tauranga and Welly. The warmth of Tauranga is winning :lol:
Just off to hand rental agreement to agent.
Keep in touch.:)

Helen

please dont mention oscillating......thanks

helinuk Apr 23rd 2007 8:22 am

Yes I witnessed a non smoking Am Loolah! :thumbup: :) She didn't smoke in the bar when we had our wine.

mazi Apr 23rd 2007 8:24 am

Originally Posted by helinuk (Post 4683745)
Yes I witnessed a non smoking Am Loolah! :thumbup: :) She didn't smoke in the bar when we had our wine.

That's because you can't smoke IN the bar!

helinuk Apr 23rd 2007 8:28 am

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4683750)
That's because you can't smoke IN the bar!

:lol: true.

Am Loolah Apr 23rd 2007 8:31 am

Originally Posted by helinuk (Post 4683767)
:lol: true.

I'm so smoke free my halo is near blinding isn't that right Helen?

Weather has still been great, except for last night and today? Bit of light rain and cloud - how very dare they?!:mad:

Start my real estate salespersons course Monday - have sharpened my pencils and everything ... must remember apple for teacher! Glad your home safe. When's daughter's 18th?