Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where's the best English shop in Auckland

Where's the best English shop in Auckland

Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Where's the best English shop in Auckland

Sorry another question froma recent expat was:-

Where's the best English shop in Auckland, I only know of the one in Browns bay which is not exactly Auckland.
Any one else know??
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where's the best English shop in Auckland

Originally Posted by julesnye View Post

Where's the best English shop in Auckland, I only know of the one in Browns bay which is not exactly Auckland.
Any one else know??
theres Bramptons in Pakaranga(which can be quite expensive)
and theres also the great British shop in Onehunga,which is supposed to be better(we have never been there yet).hope this helps..jacky
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye View Post

Any one else know??
http://www.theenglishcornershop.co.nz/

I was stuck at home in Dairy Flat for the past two months. I don't even know where's English Shop around my place so I ordered two Galaxy Dark Chocolates over the phone. It was total $14.50 and arrived the next day. nicely/carefully packed with Nestle Munchies box It was a good price and convenient if they don't seem to have everything what I need.

despite paying for shipping costs, I don't feel too bad about it. At least they are much cheaper than COOL BRITANNIA in Welly! quite frankly I never want to go there again. Obviously they are not cool.

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 1st 2008 at 10:20 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Also Pak n Save at Sylvia Park has an English section
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really niceSteve and Julie is just really nice

Originally Posted by crap coffee View Post

I was stuck at home in Dairy Flat for the past two months. I don't even know where's English Shop around my place so I ordered two Galaxy Dark Chocolates over the phone. It was total $14.50 and arrived the next day. nicely/carefully packed with Nestle Munchies box It was a good price and convenient if they don't seem to have everything what I need.

despite paying for shipping costs, I don't feel too bad about it. At least they are much cheaper than COOL BRITANNIA in Welly! quite frankly I never want to go there again. Obviously they are not cool.
Thanks for the link to the english shop, some of the foods we real fancy are sold there. Will tell all our UK friends about it. Never heard of it before.

Ju
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee View Post

Orewa, opposite the Mad Butcher and Paper Plus is a Bramptins, just like the one on N Shore, but then Galaxy is a damn sight cheaper at Pack-n-Shove, Sylvia Park, Mt Wellington mind! (if they have any in stock on the "international foods" aisle??) Some of the South African shops have "British" brands cheaper than those places too....... There's one in Whangaparoa, but not sure what it stocks??
Anyone got info??
- is there such an aisle at the Albany p-n-s???.......
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by minky View Post
What have they got??? Don't want to brave silvia park if I don't have too..

Oh there's a nice dutch shop in Henderson.....cheeses and sausages and that special mayo they put on their "frites"
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by minky View Post
I love this shop . I always buy the Robinsons Special R juice as I cant find anything like it anywhere
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
Orewa, opposite the Mad Butcher and Paper Plus is a Bramptins, just like the one on N Shore, but then Galaxy is a damn sight cheaper at Pack-n-Shove, Sylvia Park, Mt Wellington mind! (if they have any in stock on the "international foods" aisle??) Some of the South African shops have "British" brands cheaper than those places too....... There's one in Whangaparoa, but not sure what it stocks??
Anyone got info??
- is there such an aisle at the Albany p-n-s???.......
I certain that Whangaparoa one was Bramptins too, same as Browns Bay and Pukuranga, but no it's not listed on their site.

P&S Albany do not have any special international aisle, however the new New World has a tiddly little shelf of some UK and European products. Tunnocks Snowballs, Heinz tomato soup, baked beans and a few other bits - still bloomin mega expensive. :curse:

Theres' also a stall sometimes at Takapuna market on a Sunday that has more resonable prices, but very hit and miss as to whether they are there and what stock they have.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Many thanks to all of you who have answered this query, my girls will certainly enjoy checking these places out.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles View Post
I certain that Whangaparoa one was Bramptins too, .....
yeah in Orewa just down from the library towards the sea front and past the Jewelers on the corner......
bought my most expensive, past-its-sell-by mustard powder before I realised that New World in Orewa sells Coleman's !!
I am reliably informed that they are "strange" people who own the shops and I suppose there are strange people who frequent them *too often*.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

That really irks me that they sell stuff that is readily available in any supermarket and double the price. They must onto a good thing, their like drug pushers, knowing that cashed up poms will shell out $8 for a fix of Bisto.

On another tangent I saw a car in Albany at the weekend rego 'DRGDLR' How brazen is that?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles View Post
That really irks me that they sell stuff that is readily available in any supermarket and double the price. They must onto a good thing, their like drug pushers, knowing that cashed up poms will shell out $8 for a fix of Bisto.

On another tangent I saw a car in Albany at the weekend rego 'DRGDLR' How brazen is that?
yeah, as has been posted elsewhere - watch out for the rip-off merchants. but to be fair these shops should be able to charge a premium over the supermarkets as they have to stock a pretty wide range, not 100% though.......
suppose the car belonged to a lawyer or real estate agent and they wanted to pretend to be someone further up the evolutionary scale??????? (joking)
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

neilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really nice

The English Corner Shop is just down the road from us, so we pop in every now and again. He actually wholesales the goods to Pak'n'Save down at Sylvia Park and others.

Nice guys who will help get specific goods if needed.

Neil
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

There's an english section in the greengrocer Izard's near Parrs Park out west... if you dare venture off the Shore!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.