View Poll Results: where in nz are you or want to be (if not in nz)
northland
3.33%
auckland
20.00%
waikato
5.56%
bay of plenty
13.33%
east cape
0%
hawkes bay
2.22%
taranaki
1.11%
manawatu-wanganui
0%
wellington
24.44%
tasman
0%
nelson
3.33%
malborough
2.22%
west coast
3.33%
canterbury
20.00%
otago / southland
1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

where are you?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:15 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: where are you?

We're in Papamoa, or Pommymoa as it is known to some, near Tauranga in the Bay of plenty. It is Beautiful here, we love the whole beach lifestyle, and there is so much to see and do, also its where the work was for us.
Myself and OH don't think this will be our final destination in NZ, but you never know,for the forseable future though, its our home.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:40 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Rangiora on the North Canterbury plains and I think I might have already mentioned once or twice on here how much we're loving it here!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:41 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smiges33
so you have moved or are wanting to move to nz. after reading this site for 3 months, i was kind of curious where most brits ended up, or wanted to. vote at your leisure.

also what is the reason for moving or wanting to move to the location you did or want to
I'm in Auckland, been here for 2 years.

OH's (who is a Kiwi) visa in the UK was about to expire and I tagged along, for the best OH is from here so we have plenty of family support, and the job I applied from in the UK was in Auckland anyway. I don't see myself moving from here, however looking at moving out East Auck in the coming years. I definitely love it here, it's so much better than what I was used to in the UK and France
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

intersting. 4 places stand out already and thats only after 24hrs.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Bay of Plenty, started off in Mt Maunganui loved it but couldn't find a rental that would accept our dog so decided in the end to buy a house. To get the views, a beach, golf, peace and quiet ...we are in Omokoroa. Only down side is that we have to use state highway 2 to get to Tauranga and we've seen some crazy driving!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smiges33
intersting. 4 places stand out already and thats only after 24hrs.
Though not suprising, auck, welly, chc and tauranga is where the jobs are. what i would find interesting is a senario poll. if your house was paid for and you have an income of $60000, where would you WANT to live?!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Doon Sooth, which is a bit like being from Oop North in the UK.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Moi is happily entrenched in West Auckland.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by urbanproject
I definitely love it here, it's so much better than what I was used to in the UK and France

France? That sounds interesting, what'dya get up to over there? I always thought France would be a cool place to live....what with those long wine filled lunches they like (or is that a simple stereotype?)
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by owen
Though not suprising, auck, welly, chc and tauranga is where the jobs are. what i would find interesting is a senario poll. if your house was paid for and you have an income of $60000, where would you WANT to live?!!
I love living here but would also like to be nearer to a city with a bit of theatre and sports....I can camp in daughters room in Welly when she has a performance at Toi W. but would rather have a flat in the city.
......or even better a flat in Melbourne my favourite city
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:51 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
France? That sounds interesting, what'dya get up to over there? I always thought France would be a cool place to live....what with those long wine filled lunches they like (or is that a simple stereotype?)
I was born there The lunches is not a myth, although not everyone has wine

I just moved to London from Paris cos I couldn't find suitable work and wanted to just live something different really.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 1:57 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

I was born there The lunches is not a myth, although not everyone has wine

I just moved to London from Paris cos I couldn't find suitable work and wanted to just live something different really.
just go out on the roads before and after lunch and you will find out about this and how it affects the driving!
France may look a cool place to live but just try to make ends meet in some of the rural areas........only way is "on the black"......
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Moi is happily entrenched in West Auckland.
West is best !
We had 5 happy years in Titirangi and Swanson. Now in ChCh......
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

I was born there The lunches is not a myth

It's not a myth? Book me the first flight to France, I'm there.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by westiepom
West is best !
We had 5 happy years in Titirangi and Swanson. Now in ChCh......

West is best! Hooray! Someone else agrees. But why the move to CC? Do you like it down there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.