British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   where are you? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/where-you-510438/)

smiges33 Jan 30th 2008 9:04 pm

where are you?

so you have moved or are wanting to move to nz. after reading this site for 3 months, i was kind of curious where most brits ended up, or wanted to. vote at your leisure.

also what is the reason for moving or wanting to move to the location you did or want to

BEVS Jan 30th 2008 9:40 pm

Re: where are you?

We are outside of Nelson. Husband is a plumber and he had job offers all over NZ. I left the choice to him as he was the one having to take up employment. He chose this area because of its weather & that it was not a city.
The quality of the job offer came into play as well though. There was a concern because this area is not one of the cheapest in NZ .One earns sunshine dollars here compared to the cities but prices can be at city rates.

Jude J Jan 30th 2008 9:55 pm

Just north of Auckland for me. Yeah there's loads of poms here, small sections, dont get much shed for your money etc but I can move about at the drop of a hat and wouldn't still be here 5 years on if I didn't like it!

happynz Jan 30th 2008 9:58 pm

I live in a decile 6 neighbourhood. ;)

-St Albans, Christchurch

Maz Jan 30th 2008 11:03 pm

Porirua Posse aiiiiiiieeeee! West Side...

(Wellington, that is ;) )

owen Jan 30th 2008 11:38 pm

South JAFAland with the gentle sounds of the jets, bird song and sawn-off shot guns!! Utopia:p

P2L Jan 30th 2008 11:52 pm

We're in the sunny bit at the top of the Main Island :thumbup::wub::thumbsup:

lardyl Jan 30th 2008 11:56 pm

The Land of Only Fools and Horses.........

Rodney...........:p

P2L Jan 30th 2008 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 5861359)
The Land of Only Fools and Horses.........

Rodney...........:p

You're a JAFA mate :rofl::rofl::p

Yotty Jan 31st 2008 12:16 am

A question for Lardyl... is there anything significant south of the Bombay Hills? ..:)

Maz Jan 31st 2008 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Yotty (Post 5861416)
A question for Lardyl... is there anything significant south of the Bombay Hills? ..:)

*AHEM!!!* :mad: :curse:

Gill and Rob Jan 31st 2008 4:28 am

Rotorua and loving it. Been here coming up 5 years.

Gill and Rob

lardyl Jan 31st 2008 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Yotty (Post 5861416)

well there's a nice steep bank so you can pick up speed on SH1 and miss the turnng to Coromandel/Tauranga .........
Seriously, I love it down south and personally I would live in Chch (or possibly Welly although I have never been there!) rather than up here in Auckland but.....
:o - oh wait a minute I am offending *everyone* now and I thought that had been removed from the LardyL job description.....oh dear!!

karonious Jan 31st 2008 8:01 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 5862300)
:o - oh wait a minute I am offending *everyone* now

We wouldn't have you any other way! :thumbup::thumbsup::cool:;)

SarahB Jan 31st 2008 8:04 am

We live just outside Auckland, down a bit and to the East a bit... Auckland is where the job offer was.... but I have to be honest and say we love living here. The views are beautiful, no extremes of weather... friendly people, some fields to keep a horse... lots of friends and plenty for the littlies to do. Nice safe beaches just down the road.... just ideal really.

We are happy here for now, maybe well into the future we would look into living somewhere else but it would still have to be somewhere warm like this... I don't do cold or windy.:)