Reload this Page >

Where will I end up!

Where will I end up!

Old Feb 28th 2011, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

berlis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where will I end up!

Hi Everyone
I'm new to the site and amazed at the communication and fantastic information that's on here so I figured I couldn't go anywhere better for advice and your opinions.

I've decided to move to New Zealand but after mountains and mountains of research still cannot decide WHERE!

So I thought, if I give you a list of what I want, then you lot could give me some ideas of places to live (well thats the plan anyway) so thanks in advance for your comments...

RIght here goes...

I don't like the sun (yes that's what I said) so it has to be somewhere with a cooler climate

Semi-rural (i hate the beach!)

Has to be a 'nice' area!

That's not much to ask is it?

Well come on then, ideas pllleeaassseee!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 9:52 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where will I end up!

NZ climate although often likened to the UK is very different. Even the south island spots that get guaranteed snow during the winter months can actually be some of the hottest places during the summer - take Alexandra for instance - freezing during the winter and can have weeks in the minus figures, but then can be in the 30s regularly during the summer.

It will also probably depend on what you need to do for a living - "rural" out here can be really rural - like a day's drive from the nearest supermarket - so you may be best to tackle the "where do we want to live" in a different way.

Where are the jobs?
then look at your options for location. What do you enjoy doing for leisure/fun... are you eating out cafe type - if not "really rural" won't suit, Are you the walking outdoors type? skiers? horsey type?

So perhaps a bit more info is required.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where will I end up!

Originally Posted by berlis
Hi Everyone
I'm new to the site and amazed at the communication and fantastic information that's on here so I figured I couldn't go anywhere better for advice and your opinions.

I've decided to move to New Zealand but after mountains and mountains of research still cannot decide WHERE!

So I thought, if I give you a list of what I want, then you lot could give me some ideas of places to live (well thats the plan anyway) so thanks in advance for your comments...

RIght here goes...

I don't like the sun (yes that's what I said) so it has to be somewhere with a cooler climate

Semi-rural (i hate the beach!)

Has to be a 'nice' area!

That's not much to ask is it?

Well come on then, ideas pllleeaassseee!
Question number one for any potential migrant is "can I get a visa?" Can you?

Once that's confirmed its followed by the next most important question, one that will absolutely determine if your migration is to be a success... "where can I find work?" If you want to live in the back of beyond how do you intend to finance this?

All other considerations come a distant third to that work one.