Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Singapore

Where to stay in Singapore

Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:28 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to stay in Singapore

We're trying to plan which route & airline to travel on. Last time we went with Malaysian which was fantastic and as tempting as it is to do the same again, we quite fancy Singapore.

The problem we have however, is 3 kids

It is so difficult to find a hotel anywhere on this planet that will accommodate 3 kids

When we travelled last time we were with friends who had one of the little cherubs in with them & although we could posibly find a motel, I would really like a hotel or at the very least a serviced apartment

Anyone got any suggestions PLEASE????
Old Feb 25th 2007, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to stay in Singapore

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We're trying to plan which route & airline to travel on. Last time we went with Malaysian which was fantastic and as tempting as it is to do the same again, we quite fancy Singapore.

The problem we have however, is 3 kids

It is so difficult to find a hotel anywhere on this planet that will accommodate 3 kids

When we travelled last time we were with friends who had one of the little cherubs in with them & although we could posibly find a motel, I would really like a hotel or at the very least a serviced apartment

Anyone got any suggestions PLEASE????
Hi,
When we arrived here in November we came via Dubai and Singapore. When booking I was told Singapore was very strict on how many people stay in each room.
We also have the 3 children problem which no one can cope with. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Singapore Parkview. I have two boys of 14 and 7 which stayed with my husband in my room and I stayed with my daughter in another. The hotel was fabulous, with an amazing roof top pool. I thought it was excellent value for money.
You can email them; [email protected]
website; www.holiday-inn.com/sin-parkview
Hope this is of some use.
Carole
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm gonna recommend the Rasa Resort Hotel on Sentosa to you. Sentosa is dead easy and cheap to get to from the airport. You get around the island itself using the free transport and there is plenty for the kids to do.
The food at this hotel is done buffet style so easy peasey to please all the family. There is a kids club so Mum and Dad can relax by the pool with a Singapore Sling.

You could email them about the 3 kids thing.

You can get the ferry back into Singapore CBD. It's not difficult. Or book a trip/tour to see the very best of the sights that Singapore itself has to offer. This can also be done at the hotel. You could book the ones you fancied in advance via email.

One further thing I will suggest is that you check out the hotel/apartment prices with BOTH The Singapore Stopover deals offered by the Singapore Airline AND also double check the deals offered direct by the hotels themselves. Sometimes the hotel deals are better.

Don't forget the Kris Flyer miles too. With the Rasa Resort you will get an extra 500 miles . Worth having.

Of the trip , I think the Night Zoo is quite good. The kids , depending on age, will really love that.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 25th 2007 at 5:05 am. Reason: Add a sentence re. 3 kids
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:22 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that girls

I'll have a look at both of those this week. It's always good to have other people's recommendations IMO, although we've stayed at the Rasa Ria resort in Borneo so know the company reputation & that they will accomodate 3 kids !!!!

You think that in this day & age that one of the big companies would have cottoned on to the fact that lots of people have more than 2 kids. The majority of my friends have 3 or 4 kids.

Perhaps I should rob a bank & fill the gap in the market