British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Where to rent in Auckland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/where-rent-auckland-769764/)

karin Aug 28th 2012 2:53 pm

Where to rent in Auckland

Hi
me again, I fly to NZ at the beginning of Jan 2013, I will be on my own, my family is unable to join me until september. I will be a nurse at Auckland city hospital, and have been given 2 weeks free accommodation. During this 2 weeks I will need to find accommodation to suit me until september, then I will find larger accommodation to suit my husband and sons. I only need something small or shared to start with. Does anyone have any help or useful tips thank you.

BlackCrossInResidence Aug 28th 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Where to rent in Auckland

TradeMe's always a good place to start.

Plenty decent quality FlatShare's in your area
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...ch_suggested=0

Furnished short term CBD rentals are on the same site under real estate.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...h_suggested=20

Good luck.

karin Aug 28th 2012 8:29 pm

thank you
It is interesting what is available, there are some here that would do me for the 8 months before my family arrive, it would also be good not to be totally alone. again thank you for your help.

dorrick Aug 29th 2012 4:20 am

Worth looking at "Gumtree" as well

julesnye Aug 31st 2012 4:14 am

Originally Posted by karin (Post 10251405)
thank you
It is interesting what is available, there are some here that would do me for the 8 months before my family arrive, it would also be good not to be totally alone. again thank you for your help.

My wif e and other nurses live in and around Titirangi which is a really nice place with a lot of expats living there so might be worth taking alook so that you're not totally alone.

newkiwi Aug 31st 2012 6:34 am

Originally Posted by karin (Post 10250796)
Hi
me again, I fly to NZ at the beginning of Jan 2013, I will be on my own, my family is unable to join me until september. I will be a nurse at Auckland city hospital, and have been given 2 weeks free accommodation. During this 2 weeks I will need to find accommodation to suit me until september, then I will find larger accommodation to suit my husband and sons. I only need something small or shared to start with. Does anyone have any help or useful tips thank you.

Look at the Link Bus route and try and find something on of inside that service's route. Parnell, Ponsonby, Mt Eden, Grafton, Newmarket etc. Areas are maybe a bit procier but nice and handy to Auckland City Hospital.

You could look at house sharing to save costs and meet people if you just arrive, same areas again

Try trademe

kcampbell Sep 10th 2012 5:03 am

Originally Posted by karin (Post 10250796)
Hi

Hi funny I saw this, we are expats, a family with 2 kids and the pets that go with them! We have lived in Auckland for 8 years, i joined this site to research the possibility of renting out a flat that is part of our home. Our thoughts were that we could also advise and help people moving over and provide furnished homely accommodation whilst they settle in. As we know what its like! We would be fussy who we had having kids and would only want short term, so we can pick and choose, who, when how long. We could be too far from Auckland city hospital for you, 25 minutes off peak and probably 1 hour i am guessing in peak traffic?? But you have given me food for thought. Good luck. Let me know if how you go.

julesnye Sep 11th 2012 2:16 am

Originally Posted by kcampbell (Post 10272639)
Hi funny I saw this, we are expats, a family with 2 kids and the pets that go with them! We have lived in Auckland for 8 years, i joined this site to research the possibility of renting out a flat that is part of our home. Our thoughts were that we could also advise and help people moving over and provide furnished homely accommodation whilst they settle in. As we know what its like! We would be fussy who we had having kids and would only want short term, so we can pick and choose, who, when how long. We could be too far from Auckland city hospital for you, 25 minutes off peak and probably 1 hour i am guessing in peak traffic?? But you have given me food for thought. Good luck. Let me know if how you go.

how far from the station are you, as they could get the train in to newmarket and walk up the road as many do?

BEVS Sep 11th 2012 3:18 am

Originally Posted by kcampbell (Post 10272639)

I see you have placed a classified ad.
You may link this ad to your profile and into your BE signature.

kcampbell Sep 16th 2012 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by julesnye (Post 10274259)
how far from the station are you, as they could get the train in to newmarket and walk up the road as many do?

5 minutes from Swanson train station and 10 from Henderson - would need a car to park and ride though. Lots of kids out this way use the swanson train route to schools in the city

kcampbell Sep 16th 2012 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10274328)
I see you have placed a classified ad.
You may link this ad to your profile and into your BE signature.

New to this - I will figure it out! Thanks :)