where in NZ?

Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation where in NZ?

Hi all,
we are seriously considering emigrating to New Zealand & will be traveling there for 3 weeks in April on a holiday-cum-research trip. Up to now, we like the look of Papamoa nr Tauranga but are unsure whether it would be suitable for us as a family ie. is there much to do in that area? what are the schools like around there? house prices(could afford to spend approx $4-500,000), cost of living etc etc.
There will be myself, my husband (both in our 30s) our 2 boys age 5 & 10 yrs & our 5yr old Boxer dog! I am a theatre nurse, so a hospital within 30mins drive would be good & my husband is an electrician recently turned postman so he's quite flexible! We both drive & we all like warm weather. At the moment we live in a smallish town so we wouldn't want anywhere too remote but would love to be near the beach
Please help, I'm confused!!!!!!
THANKS
xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by iwannagonow; Feb 8th 2008 at 3:49 pm. Reason: extra bits of info added!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:03 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where in NZ?

If your hubby's a postman I'd say somewhere flat and not too windy so that's Welly out

When you say you can afford to spend $400-500k is that what you'll be bringing with you, what sort of mortgage are you thinking of?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:02 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I know I keep pushing this place, but 4-5 Hundred k will outright but you a four bed house on own plot with lake and mountain views to die for here, no mortgage required. Hospital very local, new builds all around, so work for him.
Shed loads of activities locally, and five cars in a line is "total grid lock mahn" to paraphrase the ad.....apart from if you live in Nukahau, the wrong side of the river.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:47 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds great, Taupo has even got a beach and there's snow on the ski fields in winter, good central location too. If we'd stayed in NZ it would've been one of the places on my list to live in, there and Nelson perhaps.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
If your hubby's a postman I'd say somewhere flat and not too windy so that's Welly out

When you say you can afford to spend $400-500k is that what you'll be bringing with you, what sort of mortgage are you thinking of?
hopefully we will be bringing about $250,000 with us & thought the rest we could get a mortgage for! Therefore $500k would be the max we could afford without bankruptung ourselves!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
I know I keep pushing this place, but 4-5 Hundred k will outright but you a four bed house on own plot with lake and mountain views to die for here, no mortgage required. Hospital very local, new builds all around, so work for him.
Shed loads of activities locally, and five cars in a line is "total grid lock mahn" to paraphrase the ad.....apart from if you live in Nukahau, the wrong side of the river.
thanks for that......I have just had a quick look at some of the properties available in Taupo...it certainly does look a nice place....not somewhere I had looked at before! But will definately be keeping my eye on it!!