Where in NZ

Old Oct 24th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where in NZ

At this moment there is 22 memebers and guests on this site. Where is everyone going or gone in NZ. I've noticed from previous threads, there are alot of prison officers going to Christchurch. Where are you planning to live and why.
Boopy
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where in NZ

Originally Posted by Boopy
At this moment there is 22 memebers and guests on this site. Where is everyone going or gone in NZ. I've noticed from previous threads, there are alot of prison officers going to Christchurch. Where are you planning to live and why.
Boopy

Hi Boopy,

We will be descending on the Bay of Plenty on the 10th of January, close to the Tauranga area.

Dave has secured an IT job with a decent wage here, which is why we ended up going for this location. However, I had always said I wanted to live in the Hawkes Bay area, or Tauranga area, but realised that realistically we would end up in one of the bigger cities like Auckland or Wellington -preferred Auckland out of those.

As you can imagine, I am really happy that he got offered a job in one of the areas I really liked the sound of - basically, didn't really want to live in Auckland (too expensive and I wanted to be in a less citified area).Tauranga sounds great because it's got great beaches and a good climate, as well as having something of a "cafe culture" apparantly which I really like the sound of.

Looking forward to hearing about other people's choices.

Kathryn
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kath,
It's interesting reading where people are heading and why. Readers can then make better informed choices. How far is Tauranga from Auckland. Where are you flying from and with what airline. How long have you had your tickets booked.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kathm
Hi Boopy,

We will be descending on the Bay of Plenty on the 10th of January, close to the Tauranga area.

Dave has secured an IT job with a decent wage here, which is why we ended up going for this location. However, I had always said I wanted to live in the Hawkes Bay area, or Tauranga area, but realised that realistically we would end up in one of the bigger cities like Auckland or Wellington -preferred Auckland out of those.

As you can imagine, I am really happy that he got offered a job in one of the areas I really liked the sound of - basically, didn't really want to live in Auckland (too expensive and I wanted to be in a less citified area).Tauranga sounds great because it's got great beaches and a good climate, as well as having something of a "cafe culture" apparantly which I really like the sound of.

Looking forward to hearing about other people's choices.

Kathryn
Hi Boopy and Kathryn,
We too are looking to go to the Tauranga area as we like the look of it so much. We also aren't that keen on Auckland (too big) but we haven't totally ruled out Wellington. My occupation is also in IT, but I'm pretty certain at the moment I want to stop doing that and try something else.
Kathryn, you've done well to get an IT job in the Tauranga area! I don't think there are many of those, any tips?!!!
Mark
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Boopy and Kathryn,
We too are looking to go to the Tauranga area as we like the look of it so much. We also aren't that keen on Auckland (too big) but we haven't totally ruled out Wellington. My occupation is also in IT, but I'm pretty certain at the moment I want to stop doing that and try something else.
Kathryn, you've done well to get an IT job in the Tauranga area! I don't think there are many of those, any tips?!!!
Mark
Hi Mark and Kathryn

I emigrated to the Tauranga area in 2001. Anything you want to know more than pleased to help.

Martin
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mark,
Lovely to hear where you are going. You never know, you and Kath could end up neighbours. When are you going to NZ.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Hi Mark,
Lovely to hear where you are going. You never know, you and Kath could end up neighbours. When are you going to NZ.
Hi Boopy,
That's both my neighbours sorted out now! Pinkie Pie is pencilled in for the other side! (You out there Caroline?)
Where are you off to Boopy? I take it you're going to Christchurch?
Mark
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Herm
Hi Mark and Kathryn

I emigrated to the Tauranga area in 2001. Anything you want to know more than pleased to help.

Martin
Hi Martin,
Thanks that will be a big help!
Any recommendations for schools? We'd like to live fairly near the sea (don't we all!) in a decent neighbourhood. I know these things are completely subjective but I'd be interested to know what you think. What do you do out there by the way? Any regrets moving to Tauranga?
Mark
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Where in NZ

Hi Martin,
Thanks that will be a big help!
Any recommendations for schools? We'd like to live fairly near the sea (don't we all!) in a decent neighbourhood. I know these things are completely subjective but I'd be interested to know what you think. What do you do out there by the way? Any regrets moving to Tauranga?
Mark
How old are the kid(s)?
How close to Tauranga do you want to be?
I'm working in the kiwifruit industry (accountant for my sins)
No regrets at all.

Martin
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

How old are the kid(s)?
How close to Tauranga do you want to be?
I'm working in the kiwifruit industry (accountant for my sins)
No regrets at all.

Martin
They are 5 and 3.
I guess within 10-15 kms would be good.
Does the kiwifruit industry need IT people? (only joking).
I notice you're originally from Berkshire, whereabouts, I don't know you do I!?
Mark
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

They are 5 and 3.
I guess within 10-15 kms would be good.
Does the kiwifruit industry need IT people? (only joking).
I notice you're originally from Berkshire, whereabouts, I don't know you do I!?
Mark
I worked for ICL in Bracknell, was brought up in Bracknell then moved away, firstly Wokingham, then Didcot and finally to Hermitage - Do you know me?? You may know me.....

Have you visited Tauranga? Do you have any preferences on area? Do you want surburbia, semi rural or rural? Your eldest would go to school - do you want to put the youngest in day care? A house with some land or just a basic section (approx 800 square metres). Modern house/Old house - the list goes on.

Martin
Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future

I worked for ICL in Bracknell, was brought up in Bracknell then moved away, firstly Wokingham, then Didcot and finally to Hermitage - Do you know me?? You may know me.....

Have you visited Tauranga? Do you have any preferences on area? Do you want surburbia, semi rural or rural? Your eldest would go to school - do you want to put the youngest in day care? A house with some land or just a basic section (approx 800 square metres). Modern house/Old house - the list goes on.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Any advice you can offer me as well would be great. Dave will be working in a place called Te Munga, and we would ideally like to be within cycling distance from his work and walking distance from the beach. Housewise - we're not wanting acres of land, but a good sized garden for my 3 little monsters would be good. Also, need 4 bedrooms and good amount ofliving space. I gather that may be hard to find with our budget - we will bring about £80k with us and Dave is on $70,000, but I won't be working as our boys are all under 4. Are there any areas a bit further out - maybe about 20 mins drive from Te Munga, but still walking distance to beach where you can get more property for your money? Te Puke has bee mentioned at some point - but from a map it doesn't look walking distance to beach.

Also, what are your views on Welcome Bay as an area?
How far from Te Munga is KatiKati by car?

And finally (for now) how are you enjoying life in the Bay - can you tell me any more about it at all???

Sorry for all the questions, but with our move imminent I want to be as informed as possible!!!

TIA

Kathryn
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:54 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Boopy
Hi Boopy,

I will be settling in Auckland at the beginning of December My partner is originally from there (south Auckland but has lived in east Auckland for a long time) and personally, from what I have read/heard, I don't see myself living anywhere else than Auckland Having lived all my life in the city atmosphere did help.

Getting some feedback from London expo right now so hopefully will be settled quick and start work!

Jen
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:41 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Boopy
Hi Boopy, we chose Christchurch because Auckland is too expensive and Wellington is too wet and windy. I work for and airline and am hoping to get a job in Christchurch airport. House prices were a big factor too and from what I heard its a lovely city to live in....
I wonder how may prison officers are actually moving to ChCh, be interesting to find out....
We leave on the 9th January and am looking forward to abit of sun and the kids cant wait to hit the beach.

Sue
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mark,

Not going to Christchurch. I've had 2 possible job offers, Wellington & Whangarei. PR going through nicely, house sold. Still busy gathering research on both places.

Boopy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.