where is my head?

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all
Default Re: where is my head?

Originally Posted by Matewx
Dear Forshy!
Kia Ora!
If you had no doubts, it'd mean you do not care for your familly...
My points is:
- You don't know until you've tried... And trying am doing now!
- Like Genesis rightly said (more often than not I shud add), You do not want those awfull "What if?? What if??" hunting you later... Although you can chck wotif.com for cheap hotels!
- Your kids are young, they will adapt. You wont "ruin" their future but you will open their mind... And the prospect of a better future with more & better opportunity should calm you down...

Can I ask?
Either of you have job offer?
Are you going for PR or WTR or Work Permits?
Why using an agent?

All the best!

Hi I do have a job offer of a senior nursing position in auckland which they are willing to keep open until april 2010 ( great salary) my husband is a high level teaching assistant and initially he isn't going to work he is going to help us all settle and then get back into teaching.
We are going for PR and using an agent because we are sooo busy and less hassle the better really and plus i was in the middle of a MSC ( just completed in jan) so really didnt want the extra stress with everything else and two little girls.
And you right the girls are open to the idea and talk about NZ as being part of their future and how lovely life will be, they want to live near the beach and take their dalmatian over ( costs a fortune) thats their only requests.
your right at least we can say remember when and not it!
thanks
alison
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by forshy
Hi I do have a job offer of a senior nursing position in auckland which they are willing to keep open until april 2010 ( great salary) my husband is a high level teaching assistant and initially he isn't going to work he is going to help us all settle and then get back into teaching.
We are going for PR and using an agent because we are sooo busy and less hassle the better really and plus i was in the middle of a MSC ( just completed in jan) so really didnt want the extra stress with everything else and two little girls.
And you right the girls are open to the idea and talk about NZ as being part of their future and how lovely life will be, they want to live near the beach and take their dalmatian over ( costs a fortune) thats their only requests.
your right at least we can say remember when and not it!
thanks
alison
its not too difficult doing it yourself and will save you a fortune, I was in middle of degree and pregnant (with 2 young children) when I started our eoi and I managed to do it all-that could pay for your dalmations fare!! what area of nursing are you in? I think its pretty normal what your experiencing, it would be pretty cold to just go and have no backwards glance, so to speak! we have pr and are waiting for house to sell, at times i have jittery moments-like when we eventually have a viewer and the realisation that IF and WHEN we get a buyer what a roller-coaster we will be on!! good luck x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by strawbie
its not too difficult doing it yourself and will save you a fortune, I was in middle of degree and pregnant (with 2 young children) when I started our eoi and I managed to do it all-that could pay for your dalmations fare!! what area of nursing are you in? I think its pretty normal what your experiencing, it would be pretty cold to just go and have no backwards glance, so to speak! we have pr and are waiting for house to sell, at times i have jittery moments-like when we eventually have a viewer and the realisation that IF and WHEN we get a buyer what a roller-coaster we will be on!! good luck x
I am an advanced practitioner in mental health in the UK, and like you said I am constantly telling myself that my feelings are normal. We only have a small mortgage here in the Uk so we have decided to
a) go on a reccy in oct and meet my new employees, and contact rental agencies to sort out possible options for homes that accept a dog, schools etc ( hopefully activate our visas - possibly through then!)
b) come home and arrange for he house to be rented out until the market picks up.
now i know this sounds ok now but everything may change after the reccy and we may decided to sell, who knows. What about you have you thought about renting your home as an option?
we have nearly paid for everything now just the final visa payment and medical looming apart from that it is save save save for the dog ( cost of selling both our cars!)
thanks for getting in touch it is sooooo good to hear that everyone goes through this at some point, today i have woken feeling enthused again x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:27 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

I am an advanced practitioner in mental health in the UK, and like you said I am constantly telling myself that my feelings are normal. We only have a small mortgage here in the Uk so we have decided to
a) go on a reccy in oct and meet my new employees, and contact rental agencies to sort out possible options for homes that accept a dog, schools etc ( hopefully activate our visas - possibly through then!)
b) come home and arrange for he house to be rented out until the market picks up.
now i know this sounds ok now but everything may change after the reccy and we may decided to sell, who knows. What about you have you thought about renting your home as an option?
we have nearly paid for everything now just the final visa payment and medical looming apart from that it is save save save for the dog ( cost of selling both our cars!)
thanks for getting in touch it is sooooo good to hear that everyone goes through this at some point, today i have woken feeling enthused again x
hi there
Glad you're feeling enthused again!! thats generally how I feel but I do have those fleeting 'blips' most days!! find that there usually sorted by logging on here or 'chatting' to kiwi friends ...have to phone them sometimes just to hear the accent!! (I know ...sad eh?) It is scary, but exciting at the same time..... your plan will set you right I'm sure.

Once again good luck with it all
B x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB
hi there
Glad you're feeling enthused again!! thats generally how I feel but I do have those fleeting 'blips' most days!! find that there usually sorted by logging on here or 'chatting' to kiwi friends ...have to phone them sometimes just to hear the accent!! (I know ...sad eh?) It is scary, but exciting at the same time..... your plan will set you right I'm sure.

Once again good luck with it all
B x
will keep in touch may need you again lol x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

We feel in 'limbo land' at the moment!! I am a health visitor here and plan to look for work once in nz!! No, renting our house isnt an option really, its nearer the higher end of the market and to be honest we need the money out of it to make our lives easier in nz, so we dont need to rush into work, etc. Dont think i'd like to rent it out and be at the other side of the world as we have put alot into it. I think the markets picking up a little, we've had 2 viewers in past 3wks which is good for us we also have a dog, a labrador which is now 6yrs old!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

We feel in 'limbo land' at the moment!! I am a health visitor here and plan to look for work once in nz!! No, renting our house isnt an option really, its nearer the higher end of the market and to be honest we need the money out of it to make our lives easier in nz, so we dont need to rush into work, etc. Dont think i'd like to rent it out and be at the other side of the world as we have put alot into it. I think the markets picking up a little, we've had 2 viewers in past 3wks which is good for us we also have a dog, a labrador which is now 6yrs old!
have you made any enquiries with any companies re the pooch?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

have you made any enquiries with any companies re the pooch?
We did at a NZ show thingy we went to in Leeds last year, but i cant remember who with!! I think it was in the region of £2,000, but thats just a figure i have in my head. To be honest, imo, and this does not reflect the rest of my family, but if we are not going to go until next yr then she will be over 7yrs and i'm not sure if she'll be too old to take? (labs dont live to a grand old age from my understanding!!) that sounds harsh but its not meant too, if you know what i mean!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

We did at a NZ show thingy we went to in Leeds last year, but i cant remember who with!! I think it was in the region of £2,000, but thats just a figure i have in my head. To be honest, imo, and this does not reflect the rest of my family, but if we are not going to go until next yr then she will be over 7yrs and i'm not sure if she'll be too old to take? (labs dont live to a grand old age from my understanding!!) that sounds harsh but its not meant too, if you know what i mean!
No I fully understand Ruby is just two and therefore we feel able to stand the journey the worst thing is going to be leaving her for 3 weeks to do the recce as last year we went to lapland for only 4 days and the kids were in bits!
We haven't had quotes just yet I have read on here that renting with a dog is quite a challenge too!
thanks
alison