where is my head?

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all
Default where is my head?

Hi everyone, thankyou for keeping me motivated and focussed.

i must say i am all over the place at the moment, doesnt help im off work with bloody flu which may be a reason im quite irritable and emotionally fraught.

We have been allocated a case officer, medicals due in aug, Ilets sat ( retake- dont ask!) mortgage on our house in UK sorted for renting, i have a £90K senior nursing position waiting for me in auckland in april, life could not be better

however

i am constantly questioning myself, i have a well paid job here can retire of full pension and pay at 55 (im only 38) marriage great, kids 5 and 6 ........................am i doing the right thing emigrating?

Then i go shopping in the local town centre see the chavs and think ' it is sooooooo the right thing', then i come home trying to book flight..............' its a long way what if the kids hate it and i ruin their lives?' i am literally all over the place.

I have always lived with the known and despite the unknown being a fantastic opportunity i am getting scared as the time is now upon us ( we have invested so much already agent, tests, medicals, police checks etc'.

I have about 3 close mates here, my parents died when i was only 20. My brother lives next door ( great for spying on whoever rents my lovely house) and he will visit. Support wise we have nobody to help us with the kids we are a family though and through so being in uk or nz makes no difference to that and my bezzie mate and her partner are going to move in the future to nZ ( i am writing this thinking i so have it made now, see i am insane)

the thought of a better life for my kids is driving me bigtime and just better family life and i am sure lots of you have experienced this anytime i speak to colleagues, friends, strangers they say OMG you will regret it and think 'if only' if you dont give it a try and i know i will..............please please please any words of wisdom or regrets???????

thanks you
forshy x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 3:23 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where is my head?

Poor you

I too have just had my first wobble, it can seem sooooooo exciting and its easy to get caught up in the adventure of it all.Once the wheels start to really turn in earnest I think it is normal and good to have some doubts, makes you question further.

I have been reading a thread titled leaving NZ in "moving & living abroad" sub category, it was a good eye opener to what people have found difficult and their reasons why they are moving back.
Has not put me off just helped to make a more informative choice.

I could not stand to be in my 70's wondering what life would have been like if I had moved to NZ, would it have been any better?.

For me/us (husband a Kiwi) and our family I feel we should give it a good go and see what happens.

A gamble yes, but life is short and there is no dress rehearsal

Also check out Irish_eyes " I'm an Irish girl get me outta of here" a compelling & great read

HTH Dewb x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dewb09 View Post
Poor you

I too have just had my first wobble, it can seem sooooooo exciting and its easy to get caught up in the adventure of it all.Once the wheels start to really turn in earnest I think it is normal and good to have some doubts, makes you question further.

I have been reading a thread titled leaving NZ in "moving & living abroad" sub category, it was a good eye opener to what people have found difficult and their reasons why they are moving back.
Has not put me off just helped to make a more informative choice.

I could not stand to be in my 70's wondering what life would have been like if I had moved to NZ, would it have been any better?.

For me/us (husband a Kiwi) and our family I feel we should give it a good go and see what happens.

A gamble yes, but life is short and there is no dress rehearsal

Also check out Irish_eyes " I'm an Irish girl get me outta of here" a compelling & great read

HTH Dewb x
thanks Dewb,
I really appreciate your comments and your right i would like to say that it didnt work out than say we never tried!
thanks
alison x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:50 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just read your other post re your telephone interview ..... you used the 'fate' word at the end ..... 'wobbles' are what make us examine our decisions .... healthy IMO and like you say better to have tried than not.
Good luck with everything! You go for it!
B x
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alison

Just a quickie reply. As Barb says, having doubts is healthy although confusing at times. You know you have to have a go and the kiddies are young enough to take it all in their stride if you really don't like it.

How wonderful to know that your prospective employer wants you so much that they are prepared to wait until April next year. Well done you

I've had a few serious wobbles the past few weeks. The realisation that its really happening has dawned. Scary stuff but also very exciting.

Nite Nite, talk tomorrow

Maria
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forshy View Post
thanks Dewb,
I really appreciate your comments and your right i would like to say that it didnt work out than say we never tried!
thanks
alison x
If you chose not to do 'it' you would be for ever struck with 'what if'.

He who dares aye? They say the biggest risk is taking none atall. When do you arrive in NZ then. By the way nice salary. Kate's fairly senior in palliative care..on aronund $64k just now but a few more years and with her masters under her belt we dream of such a salary!!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forshy View Post
£90K
Blimey thats huge $225k

Last edited by mickey_d; Jul 23rd 2009 at 3:42 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

deb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nice

I know exactly what you are talking about and what you are going through, it is perfectly normal to have doubts, I bet everyone who has made this giant step has felt the same at some point. We have been in New Plymouth 2 weeks now and absolutley love it, wished we'd done it sooner.

We have left 4 sons and a 2 year old grandson, but we just had to do it. I have no doubt, especially if the uk continues to downard spiral at the rate it is, that some, if not all our sons & grandson will follow us.

When ever I had these wobbles I would think if the nanny culture, Political correctness, over population, tall fences round school & in fact I stopped watching the news for about 6 months before we came here as it was sooo depressing.

You are doing the right thing, just keep taking the Lemsip & get plenty of rest and everything will be fine!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:32 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d View Post
Blimey thats huge $225k
No mate, thats being paid propperly .

Reminds me, the other night TVNZ said that the average income in NZ was around $38,700. Now I'm always interested in statistics so I went to the governments website [For those of you playing at home: http://www.stats.govt.nz/products-an...p-revised.htm] 537*52 = $27,924. Now either we took a massive pay jump in the last few months or they are confused.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
No mate, thats being paid propperly .

Reminds me, the other night TVNZ said that the average income in NZ was around $38,700. Now I'm always interested in statistics so I went to the governments website [For those of you playing at home: http://www.stats.govt.nz/products-an...p-revised.htm] 537*52 = $27,924. Now either we took a massive pay jump in the last few months or they are confused.
You talking average wage or minimum wage ? The minimum adult hourly rate is $12.50.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 8:57 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Forshy!
Kia Ora!
If you had no doubts, it'd mean you do not care for your familly...
My points is:
- You don't know until you've tried... And trying am doing now!
- Like Genesis rightly said (more often than not I shud add), You do not want those awfull "What if?? What if??" hunting you later... Although you can chck wotif.com for cheap hotels!
- Your kids are young, they will adapt. You wont "ruin" their future but you will open their mind... And the prospect of a better future with more & better opportunity should calm you down...

Can I ask?
Either of you have job offer?
Are you going for PR or WTR or Work Permits?
Why using an agent?

All the best!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB View Post
Hi just read your other post re your telephone interview ..... you used the 'fate' word at the end ..... 'wobbles' are what make us examine our decisions .... healthy IMO and like you say better to have tried than not.
Good luck with everything! You go for it!
B x
thank you x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
If you chose not to do 'it' you would be for ever struck with 'what if'.

He who dares aye? They say the biggest risk is taking none atall. When do you arrive in NZ then. By the way nice salary. Kate's fairly senior in palliative care..on aronund $64k just now but a few more years and with her masters under her belt we dream of such a salary!!!!!
I know its a fantastic wage once i get my head from comparing it to english stirling!!!!! We are going in oct for a reccy because i dont want the job to determine where we live ( may have no choice in this climate) so i am going spending the day with them and taking it from there, thanks for all your advice
alison
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

I wish its 90k in NZ! lol
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deb_steve View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about and what you are going through, it is perfectly normal to have doubts, I bet everyone who has made this giant step has felt the same at some point. We have been in New Plymouth 2 weeks now and absolutley love it, wished we'd done it sooner.

We have left 4 sons and a 2 year old grandson, but we just had to do it. I have no doubt, especially if the uk continues to downard spiral at the rate it is, that some, if not all our sons & grandson will follow us.

When ever I had these wobbles I would think if the nanny culture, Political correctness, over population, tall fences round school & in fact I stopped watching the news for about 6 months before we came here as it was sooo depressing.

You are doing the right thing, just keep taking the Lemsip & get plenty of rest and everything will be fine!!
Thank you so much thats just what i needed to hear! x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.