Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to live (or not!!) in Palmy

Where to live (or not!!) in Palmy

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:17 am
s3r3

s3r3 will become famous soon enoughs3r3 will become famous soon enough
Default Where to live (or not!!) in Palmy

Well we have arrived & have motel for a month courtesy of new employer, but we obviously need to find somewhere to rent after this. We did go to estatge agent for list of rental properties but the woman was most unhelpful when we asked her what the areas were like. So anyone living here where should we avoid?!!!!
Also any decent curry houses here?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live (or not!!) in Palmy

Originally Posted by s3r3
Well we have arrived & have motel for a month courtesy of new employer, but we obviously need to find somewhere to rent after this. We did go to estatge agent for list of rental properties but the woman was most unhelpful when we asked her what the areas were like. So anyone living here where should we avoid?!!!!
NZ wouldn't know a decent curry house if it smacked them between the eyes! Congratulations on your arrival! I quite like Palmy as an area, but no work there for me, but I'm sure you'll find some where nice. The only thing i'd say is stay away from the uni digs - drunken students and all that..
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey s3r3

There is a regular contributor to this shallow web site by the name of genesis.

He really likes Palmeston North (I presume that's Palmy) and has considerable knowledge of the area and town.

Either drop him a pm or he'll be along soon to advise you.

Good luck

NG

Check this out and other posts by genesis

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507580
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Definitely keep away from the Highbury area.
That's where the gangs live and fight

Kip
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=simonmarkellis;5872246]NZ wouldn't know a decent curry house if it smacked them between the eyes!

I noticed where you lived. Our friends live in Whitby. My OH is a curry freak...he's cooking one as I type and we've tried many Indian takeaways and restaurants since moving over here. The best, most authentic one we've had in NZ has to be a takeaway we had from Porirua. But can't remember the name... And it's a bit of a trot for us picking it up too...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:18 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s3r3
not sure, but called in to say wait for Genesis (but NG beat me to it) - we used to live just the other side of the NAC from you - in the village of the Malt Shovel and Three Horseshoes...........all the best for your future life here in God's Own
I for one wish they had a Raffles in Auckland - that would be great!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 9:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Can't help you as far as where to or not to live in Palmerston North but I'm planning on moving there sometime this year, my OH lives there.
Think this is the first time I've seen someone mention the place!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Hey s3r3

There is a regular contributor to this shallow web site by the name of genesis.

He really likes Palmeston North (I presume that's Palmy) and has considerable knowledge of the area and town.

Either drop him a pm or he'll be along soon to advise you.

Good luck

NG

Check this out and other posts by genesis

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507580
Cheers NG!!! Have been in touch with SR3 in the past and have already spoken to them re Palmy!!