Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to live: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch

Where to live: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch

Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch

Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:43 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by happynz
Auckland does not have tropical beaches. I'm not buying that. Beaches, yes. Tropical, no.

OK, OK, Auckland does have gardens and easily accessible bush.
and also a zoo
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:17 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

...and a zoo.

Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Quantum Mechanic is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL

Thanks guys and gals for the info. I guess once the job prospect becomes clearer I might come across for a look with the OH to get a better feel for the area we'd want to settle in.

Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
OK. One doesn't mention an epidemic,it mentions a problem,the second seems to be a lady who can't write properly and quotes a bloke who's been on it for 6 years-no wonder he thinks it's everywhere!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:19 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
OK. One doesn't mention an epidemic,it mentions a problem,the second seems to be a lady who can't write properly and quotes a bloke who's been on it for 6 years-no wonder he thinks it's everywhere!
Fine. New Zealand is drug free. I really don't care as it has no obvious effect on my life either way.

The newspapers and TV out here do mention 'P' or methamphetamine abuse a lot, for some reason.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:33 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Fine. New Zealand is drug free. I really don't care as it has no obvious effect on my life either way.

The newspapers and TV out here do mention 'P' or methamphetamine abuse a lot, for some reason.
that might be why the clandestine laboratory team at ESR are almost continually recruiting for scientists and technicians and they are months/years behind on casework
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:51 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

NZ has a drug problem like anywhere else in the world but for me I don't know anyone who actually has an addiction.

We also have gang shootings, rape, kidnapping, murder, theft, arson and everything else you can think of but than again I still don't know anyone that any of the above has happened to.

So with that in mind, I don't think the problem is as it's made to be.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
that might be why the clandestine laboratory team at ESR are almost continually recruiting for scientists and technicians and they are months/years behind on casework
May be because they're short staffed like everyone else in the country?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:34 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
NZ has a drug problem like anywhere else in the world but for me I don't know anyone who actually has an addiction.

We also have gang shootings, rape, kidnapping, murder, theft, arson and everything else you can think of but than again I still don't know anyone that any of the above has happened to.

So with that in mind, I don't think the problem is as it's made to be.
But surely your argument "I've never encountered it" says more about yourself than NZ in general, no?

Anyway, almost everybody on this forum has had a police check in the last few months so it's a very clean and upstanding bunch of people we have here. None of us are qualified to talk about the DRUGS HELL THAT IS SWEEPING THE NATION!!!!!!!

While I am here, is there any truth that (name hidden to avoid libel laws), who started that football team in Wellington a few months ago, made his money in illegal activities? Almost every Kiwi I speak to claims that (name hidden) has been a very naughty boy

Or are they just jealous?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

But surely your argument "I've never encountered it" says more about yourself than NZ in general, no?

Anyway, almost everybody on this forum has had a police check in the last few months so it's a very clean and upstanding bunch of people we have here. None of us are qualified to talk about the DRUGS HELL THAT IS SWEEPING THE NATION!!!!!!!

While I am here, is there any truth that (name hidden to avoid libel laws), who started that football team in Wellington a few months ago, made his money in illegal activities? Almost every Kiwi I speak to claims that (name hidden) has been a very naughty boy

I've had a few Greek families in my care,who all roll there eyes and suggest the same when I've mentioned him as a local hero.
Not too sure how,but they suggest his money earned is sometimes illegal,and that he isn't always monogamous either.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:36 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

May be because they're short staffed like everyone else in the country?
suppose so, but its also due to the number of P labs they encounter.
come across a few P addicts through work so far, but they had to be pointed out to me (after the event of course!).

BTW, hear the one about the GP and the pseudo-ephedrine?
yeah, "it was all for research purposes....."

....right
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
suppose so, but its also due to the number of P labs they encounter.
come across a few P addicts through work so far, but they had to be pointed out to me (after the event of course!).

BTW, hear the one about the GP and the pseudo-ephedrine?
yeah, "it was all for research purposes....."

....right
Serious? Jesus-that's hilarious! My uncle was a drug abuser who claimed it was because his job made him do it. His job? Pharmacist!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:51 pm
Winter hibernator

Well before moving to the UK 15 years ago I saw no problems of drug abuse though I'm not saying it wasn't out there, since than P has been introduced and there is a lot more crime to do with this but again I still haven't seen any big problems of it. Maybe I do walk around with my eyes closed

As for (name hidden to avoid libel laws), again everyone I talk to says the same thing but than again if your money is/was from dodgy dealings would you want your business to be out in the open as it is now.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

Serious? Jesus-that's hilarious! My uncle was a drug abuser who claimed it was because his job made him do it. His job? Pharmacist!

no it was reported on the radio yesterday and his defence on the medical ethics committee was "I was doing research" that's why he wrote scrips for more pseud than the rest of the district, several to ficticious folks at the same address.....I think a pharmacist spotted it and shopped him!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.