Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

"Where to live in Auckland" The Book

"Where to live in Auckland" The Book

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Question "Where to live in Auckland" The Book

Has anyone managed to get hold of a copy of this book in the UK? If so, where?

I have searched the internet and can only source a copy from NZ...I've checked Amazon, Waterstones, Thins...

If you know, Let me know!!

Cheers
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:57 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Where to live in Auckland" The Book

It's available on the US Amazon site here. It's bloody expensive though.
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

I appreciate its not good for you but we got a free copy when we set up an account with The National Bank when we got here. Very very good book!
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Only £20 including dsl delivery to the UK from their website.
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:17 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Found it now

HERE it is for anyone else wanting it

Last edited by andy&georgina; May 3rd 2007 at 10:42 am.
Old May 3rd 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justinthyme
Only £20 including dsl delivery to the UK from their website.
I'll save you 20 quid.
All it should say inside is "As far away as possible"
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mickey_d
I'll save you 20 quid.
Very Helpful!!!!! If you can't provide useful information to a thread....just don't bother!
Do you not think it's a big enough upheaval for families to move half way over the world to hear your stupid comments?
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
Very Helpful!!!!! If you can't provide useful information to a thread....just don't bother!
Do you not think it's a big enough upheaval for families to move half way over the world to hear your stupid comments?
As far as we are concerned, it is useful information. After living here for 11 months I would not recommend Auckland to anyone. Same as the Kiwi's say "the best view of Auckland is in your rear view mirror"
It is a big upheaval for families & from our experiences not helped by living here.
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

If it adds to the info required, we live in Torbay on the North Shore and really love it. It offers us quiet peaceful living by the beach with all facilities and only 20mins from the city (Obviously traffic permitting!) Just our experience of the area. I do think the book will offer alot of guidance if you have limited knowledge of the area. We were going to buy it before we were given it.

Good luck with it all.
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

As far as we are concerned, it is useful information. After living here for 11 months I would not recommend Auckland to anyone. Same as the Kiwi's say "the best view of Auckland is in your rear view mirror"
It is a big upheaval for families & from our experiences not helped by living here.
Sorry, I realise everyone is entitled to their opinion....My job offer is in Auckland city, but am looking to live in the outer suburbs (North shore, Waitakere??)
We are not a city family. The only thing is trying to get this info. from the site...very difficult. This is why I think the book will provide us with valuable info.

Cheers
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, I realise everyone is entitled to their opinion....My job offer is in Auckland city, but am looking to live in the outer suburbs (North shore, Waitakere??)
We are not a city family. The only thing is trying to get this info. from the site...very difficult. This is why I think the book will provide us with valuable info.

Cheers
Myself and my wife will both be working in the city and living on the North Shore offers the best of both worlds. We get the Park and Ride from Albany or Constallation which is frequent, reasonably priced and takes the hassle out of commuting. I read the other day that it has taken 400 cars off of the road a month and the council are focusing alot of time and energy in providing a good service. If I can help at all please PM me.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers
We are actually on the North Shore (Devonport), we just find it far too overcrowded (have a look at overhead photos on Google Earth), far too much traffic & very overpriced. The journey to Auckland city has sometimes been over an hour!!! Waitakere area looked nicer to us when we had a drive around, still expensive though in our opinion. Make sure you rent when you get here. I say this as we actually loved it for the first couple of months, but now hate it. If we had been able to afford to buy a house here we probably would have but would now be regretting it!!!
After months of searching & travelling around, we are now moving to Hawkes Bay. It's so different down there, much more friendly & no traffic jams!!! We will be moving into our own house on a 1800m sq. section & it has cost us a 1/3 or more of the price it would have been around Auckland.
What job do you do?
Good luck with your move.

Mickey_D
Old May 4th 2007, 3:40 am
Just Joined

Zak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really nice

Originally Posted by trigod
If it adds to the info required, we live in Torbay on the North Shore and really love it. It offers us quiet peaceful living by the beach with all facilities and only 20mins from the city (Obviously traffic permitting!) Just our experience of the area. I do think the book will offer alot of guidance if you have limited knowledge of the area. We were going to buy it before we were given it.

Good luck with it all.
we live in Cockle Bay near to Howick and we really love it. The children are really happy and we are only 3 minutes from the beach and a few minutes from the countryside. The schools are very good. We really like living here perhaps it worth you having a look here too.
Sandie
Old May 4th 2007, 3:53 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I'll save you 20 quid.
Nearly two years of commuting on the western train line did me in. I liked my neighbourhood in Henderson and all, but I dreaded that stinkin' commute. Now we live a fifteen minute stroll from the centre of Christchurch. Much better. But for others, give Auckland a go. It might be your kind of place.
Old May 4th 2007, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers
Hi garry

I live out in west auckland and love it here, we live in massey and it is fairly quiet were we live, we get the occassional idiot in the car but not many zooming by, fortunately we live in a cul de sac so no were for them to go if they come up the road

I would like to live in Swanson or Waitakere if I didnt live were I am now, I use the train to get to work and dont find too many issues with the train

any more questions PM me or put it on here and I will try and answer (dont have kids so no idea on schools etc...sorry)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.