Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Auckland

Where to live in Auckland

Old Apr 1st 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where to live in Auckland

Hey All..Thanks for all the info.... God so many choices to think about. It may be a case of trying to rent (if the dog is allowed). This will then allow some time to check the areas.

Hope to see you all soon.

Cheers & All the best
Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Hi,
We live in Stanmore Bay up on Hibiscus Coast and i woulodn't move from here, i think it's bloody great, good schools, fantastic beaches, quiet, amazing views, shops are okay and not too far from the city

Big Al
Cheers Fireman Al...... How far from the city is stanmore Bay? What are the house prices like?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

I'll just add my 2 cents worth. We arrived a week ago and have decided to settle in Torbay as it is so nice, here is why:

Several stunning beaches.
Nice and quiet.
10mins from the motorway.
15mins from the snow dome.
10mins from Harbour Stadium - rugby.
15mins from Albany shopping, you dont need anything that you cant get here.
20mins from Glenfield - Cars, DIY, Garages etc etc
5mins from Browns Bay, lots of shops, grocery stores, Starbucks (if thats your kinda a thing!)

Took my wife to use park an ride this morning for work - we used the Constallation Drive drop off - 30mins to Auckland City centre and only $5, then you can take buses all round the city or walk. There is also another Drop-off at Albany.

Thats a few things for you to ponder. Hope it helps!!!

Grant
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi...Hoping to move soon (if the job offer comes off!) I, along with my wife and 2 children (12 & 6) may be looking for a house. We would not like to stay in the heart of the city. We would like a smaller suburb, friendly and nearer the country.
Does anyone have any ideas???
Smaller suburb? Nearer the country? House? Garden? Wellington you're looking for son.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

I see your Wellington, Danny F and I raise you Torbay!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:00 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigod
I don't think I can up the ante with sunny Hamilton!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll just add my 2 cents worth. We arrived a week ago and have decided to settle in Torbay as it is so nice, here is why:

Several stunning beaches.
Nice and quiet.
10mins from the motorway.
15mins from the snow dome.
10mins from Harbour Stadium - rugby.
15mins from Albany shopping, you dont need anything that you cant get here.
20mins from Glenfield - Cars, DIY, Garages etc etc
5mins from Browns Bay, lots of shops, grocery stores, Starbucks (if thats your kinda a thing!)

Took my wife to use park an ride this morning for work - we used the Constallation Drive drop off - 30mins to Auckland City centre and only $5, then you can take buses all round the city or walk. There is also another Drop-off at Albany.

Thats a few things for you to ponder. Hope it helps!!!

Grant
Thanks for the info Trigod. Looking at other replies maybe I'm asking for too much...... All I'm saying is we definataly don't want to stay in the city.
Torbay sounds good. I'll look in to it.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:07 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Trigod. Looking at other replies maybe I'm asking for too much...... All I'm saying is we definataly don't want to stay in the city.
Torbay sounds good. I'll look in to it.
Apart from the dog, you're not asking too much at all, just what we all wanted by the sounds of it! The North Shore sounds ideal for you, and I honestly think your'll have no trouble finding somewhere that suits all of your family. There's so much variety here in terms of living style. I know that when I last came here, I loved the North Shore it really suited me, but coming back again, I've found new areas that really hit me and I changed my mind. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they've had to 'put up' with a particular area or home. Have a look at some rentals online, get a feel for prices, etc. I do think from everything you've said that your'll be very happy here.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:11 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Fireman Al...... How far from the city is stanmore Bay? What are the house prices like?
On a clear run i've done it in 25 mins, on a crap day over an hour, depends on what time you need to go, prices go anywhere from mid 300's to anywhere you want it to go....1.3, 1.4$ Million !!!!...rich bast***s...

Al

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:14 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by danny.f
Smaller suburb? Nearer the country? House? Garden? Wellington you're looking for son.
Well, i'll see your Wellington, match your Torbay and insert my Stanmore Bay into the equation......Bosh!

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:34 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Well, i'll see your Wellington, match your Torbay and insert my Stanmore Bay into the equation......Bosh!

Are you really a fireman?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:58 am
Who me ?

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Are you really a fireman?
Sure am.....served in the Uk and have just sorted it for here, start in July.

Al

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:00 am
Sweeeeet!

Sure am.....served in the Uk and have just sorted it for here, start in July.

Al

Oh wow! Good on you! Sorry, I was just wondering!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Oh wow! Good on you! Sorry, I was just wondering!
You are curious about his hose arent you?
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

You are curious about his hose arent you?
hehe.... my OH is over the road right now at the fire station playing with the hoses!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.