Where to live?

Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

IKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really nice
Default Re: Where to live?

[QUOTE=OzzieGunner;7306292]
so is the wildlife and spiders etc not to bad in Aus? I don't think there are any dangerous snakes etc in NZ?
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:50 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Agree that you're unlikely to see a killer spider or snake in Melbourne.

WARNING *Subjective opinion ahead* WARNING

However, it's expensive and the climate is eh. If you're not into serious heat, don't do it. I really didn't like that aspect of Melbourne.

There are these huge spiders, huntsmans, that look effing scarey but are harmless. They're quite friendly, actually. They'll hang out on your wall. but they are HUGE. Underline HUGE hairy buggers.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

IKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really niceIKlapwijk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
Agree that you're unlikely to see a killer spider or snake in Melbourne.

WARNING *Subjective opinion ahead* WARNING

However, it's expensive and the climate is eh. If you're not into serious heat, don't do it. I really didn't like that aspect of Melbourne.

There are these huge spiders, huntsmans, that look effing scarey but are harmless. They're quite friendly, actually. They'll hang out on your wall. but they are HUGE. Underline HUGE hairy buggers.
Well I have got your gist!! Just cracked up laughing but seriously understood your point!! Yes what you have just put is enough to make me realize that I'll never contemplate helping David Attenborough!

I cannot imagine any spiders being friendly! You could say if I ever do think of moving to Aus no creatures would ever even make it alive in my house to hang on my walls!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:04 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't lived until you've chased a huntsman with your vacuum. Then watched it cling to a wall as you approach with the deadly sucker.

Anyway, I"m wondering why you haven't considered Canada? Swear it's not because I live there now though I am a bit biased.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
You haven't lived until you've chased a huntsman with your vacuum. Then watched it cling to a wall as you approach with the deadly sucker.

Anyway, I"m wondering why you haven't considered Canada? Swear it's not because I live there now though I am a bit biased.
AAh now thats a sore point!! Have discussed it with the children and dismissed it.

I have been considering Canada, even got books on the nursing exam over there. My friend went out to Calgary two years ago, sadly lost touch but heard not long after that she was enjoying out there.

To be honest I may sound really stupid (!), but the thought of long snowy winters with unbelievable freezing temperatures makes me nervous - the thoughts of driving to work in that!!

Yes I realize that I have gone on about spiders etc, but on the other hand have thought about Vancover but it seem an expensive place to live in! My son would love it if I said about moving to Canada as he would love the idea of going biking in Whistler.

Well, am signing!! Cheers for replies eveyone!

Isabelle
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=IKlapwijk;7306330]
Originally Posted by OzzieGunner
so is the wildlife and spiders etc not to bad in Aus? I don't think there are any dangerous snakes etc in NZ?
I like these photos:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...on-camera.html
and more:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...-pictures.html
Not Melbourne I know but still a suburban garden in Australia - not for me!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=lapsed kiwi;7307054]
Originally Posted by IKlapwijk
I like these photos:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...on-camera.html
and more:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...-pictures.html
Not Melbourne I know but still a suburban garden in Australia - not for me!
I really don't know what to say now!!!

suffice to state that the whole of Cambridge here must have heard me scream in horror at those pictures!

Seriously aren't you all scared out there of being bitten by snakes or spiders? I really need to chill out now with a wine!

Isabelle
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Abster21 is an unknown quantity at this point

This will make you feel better

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...om-a-lion.html

Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!How about Africa??????????
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

btw its abi...hiiii!!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Abster21
btw its abi...hiiii!!
Just recovering from the pictures of the spiders eating the birds. Feeling bit better after the wine now!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

I know i saw those!!And it was before I eat my breakfast..look at the one of the lion hugging the human abit more cuter..
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Abster21
I know i saw those!!And it was before I eat my breakfast..look at the one of the lion hugging the human abit more cuter..
Just hope no huge ones roaming around NZ though. A pity there aren't anymore 'Down Under programmes doing more than Aus, NZ, could do with Canada, and maybe Plettenberg Bay in SA?!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Tuan Tim is an unknown quantity at this point

OZ is like USA ' Oh. You'll love Australia.'
NZ in like UK, 'what you coming to NZ for?'

See the difference?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tuan Tim
OZ is like USA ' Oh. You'll love Australia.'
NZ in like UK, 'what you coming to NZ for?'

See the difference?
Yes I do see difference. But having said that why do so many brits go to NZ then?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:03 am
Just Joined

Tuan Tim is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the answer is self-evident. Brits recognise NZ as being more like home in attitude. So this may result in a desire to embrace NZ culture more than OZ.
I met a Canadain cyclist who had flown all the way to NZ because it was 'like home.' I thought that a bit daft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.