Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to get the cheapest return flights to UK

Where to get the cheapest return flights to UK

Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Where to get the cheapest return flights to UK

Wife and daughters have been here 5 years in September and I was hoping that I can get them all to go home for Christmas and some of January. As I had to go back last year as my mother was dying and because of the continual pulling out of buyers and therefore I have only been here 3 years.

Does anyone have any ideas for the most cheapest return flights to the UK?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:40 am
Judy&Alun

Dodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant futureDodsonfamily has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where to get the cheapest return flights to UK

We have just booked through the house of travel for 3 adults and 1 child at a cost of $9400. This is going via Hong Kong-Paris-Birmingham.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:13 am
Just Joined

Judimc is an unknown quantity at this point

We found Korean air a really good price, believe they added gatwick from March. Look at their various sites, we found that they have better deals via someone like Skyscanner or other ticket agencies. Planes are fine, Seoul airport is nice and modern
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no one place or time to be alb ego buy cheap tickets, you need to keep an eye out all over the place.

-Airline websites (quite often the best prices these days), subscribe to their newsletters.
-Airfare search engines e.g. Kayak, Skyscanner etc
-Online travel agents e.g. Expedia
-Physical travel agents (my last choice, haven't used one in 10 years)
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

webjet - get the prices from here, then go into local flight centre and challenge them to better the price
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:49 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want a return flight but as I have a husband and Kids in new Zealand I will have to come back
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by love30stm View Post
I don't want a return flight but as I have a husband and Kids in new Zealand I will have to come back
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Webjet international flights sale this weekend. Not to OZ though!

http://www.webjet.co.nz/sale/sunday/
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P18PPS View Post
webjet - get the prices from here, then go into local flight centre and challenge them to better the price
cheers P18PPS,
Looks like they have a sale this weekend.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

had to arrange some emergency flights today and found this site really useful aid
www.skyscanner.co.nz

Last edited by P18PPS; Apr 16th 2012 at 9:14 am. Reason: add
Old Apr 17th 2012, 1:53 am

Went to The flight centre today for a flight just for me for September! Nothing under $3,000 well bugger that thinking of not bothering
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:09 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I booked Mr BEVS for a return home to see his 84 yr old Mum over Christmas and New Year a couple of weeks back. It came in at around $2700 using Lufthansa NZ. It;s a bit of a mix and match of airlines and a few hours longer due to transit times but I grabbed it whilst the going was good.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I booked Mr BEVS for a return home to see his 84 yr old Mum over Christmas and New Year a couple of weeks back. It came in at around $2700 using Lufthansa NZ. It;s a bit of a mix and match of airlines and a few hours longer due to transit times but I grabbed it whilst the going was good.
Will keep looking and get hubby to do a search on the net. I wanted to see my mum as she's 86 not getting any younger
Old Apr 19th 2012, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P18PPS View Post
had to arrange some emergency flights today and found this site really useful aid
www.skyscanner.co.nz
Hi, Still not booked but skyscanner are good and also travelsupermarket as well.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:56 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm View Post
Went to The flight centre today for a flight just for me for September! Nothing under $3,000 well bugger that thinking of not bothering
You should have a look on sky scanner, def got cheaper. Get a print out and take it to flight centre and they will beat it. (done this lots of times only have to show them how I did it and they will beat it by a few bucks, give me vouchers and I have peace of mind that I have a person I can contract rather then the Internet)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.