British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Where to get the cheapest return flights to UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/where-get-cheapest-return-flights-uk-754500/)

julesnye Apr 11th 2012 4:23 am

Where to get the cheapest return flights to UK

Wife and daughters have been here 5 years in September and I was hoping that I can get them all to go home for Christmas and some of January. As I had to go back last year as my mother was dying and because of the continual pulling out of buyers and therefore I have only been here 3 years.

Does anyone have any ideas for the most cheapest return flights to the UK?:confused::confused::confused:

Dodsonfamily Apr 11th 2012 5:40 am

Re: Where to get the cheapest return flights to UK

We have just booked through the house of travel for 3 adults and 1 child at a cost of $9400. This is going via Hong Kong-Paris-Birmingham.

Judimc Apr 12th 2012 3:13 am

We found Korean air a really good price, believe they added gatwick from March. Look at their various sites, we found that they have better deals via someone like Skyscanner or other ticket agencies. Planes are fine, Seoul airport is nice and modern

sr71 Apr 12th 2012 7:40 am

There is no one place or time to be alb ego buy cheap tickets, you need to keep an eye out all over the place.

-Airline websites (quite often the best prices these days), subscribe to their newsletters.
-Airfare search engines e.g. Kayak, Skyscanner etc
-Online travel agents e.g. Expedia
-Physical travel agents (my last choice, haven't used one in 10 years)

P18PPS Apr 12th 2012 9:25 am

webjet - get the prices from here, then go into local flight centre and challenge them to better the price

love30stm Apr 12th 2012 10:49 am

I don't want a return flight but as I have a husband and Kids in new Zealand I will have to come back ;)

julesnye Apr 12th 2012 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10001820)
I don't want a return flight but as I have a husband and Kids in new Zealand I will have to come back ;)

:rofl:

julesnye Apr 12th 2012 11:41 pm

Webjet international flights sale this weekend. Not to OZ though!

http://www.webjet.co.nz/sale/sunday/

julesnye Apr 12th 2012 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by P18PPS (Post 10001725)
webjet - get the prices from here, then go into local flight centre and challenge them to better the price

cheers P18PPS,
Looks like they have a sale this weekend.:thumbsup:

P18PPS Apr 16th 2012 9:14 am

had to arrange some emergency flights today and found this site really useful aid
www.skyscanner.co.nz

love30stm Apr 17th 2012 1:53 am

Went to The flight centre today for a flight just for me for September! Nothing under $3,000 well bugger that thinking of not bothering

BEVS Apr 17th 2012 2:09 am

I booked Mr BEVS for a return home to see his 84 yr old Mum over Christmas and New Year a couple of weeks back. It came in at around $2700 using Lufthansa NZ. It;s a bit of a mix and match of airlines and a few hours longer due to transit times but I grabbed it whilst the going was good.

love30stm Apr 17th 2012 2:14 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10009524)
I booked Mr BEVS for a return home to see his 84 yr old Mum over Christmas and New Year a couple of weeks back. It came in at around $2700 using Lufthansa NZ. It;s a bit of a mix and match of airlines and a few hours longer due to transit times but I grabbed it whilst the going was good.

Will keep looking and get hubby to do a search on the net. I wanted to see my mum as she's 86 not getting any younger :(

julesnye Apr 19th 2012 12:26 am

Originally Posted by P18PPS (Post 10007854)
had to arrange some emergency flights today and found this site really useful aid
www.skyscanner.co.nz

Hi, Still not booked but skyscanner are good and also travelsupermarket as well.:fingerscrossed:

nelsonpom Apr 19th 2012 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 10009499)
Went to The flight centre today for a flight just for me for September! Nothing under $3,000 well bugger that thinking of not bothering

You should have a look on sky scanner, def got cheaper. Get a print out and take it to flight centre and they will beat it. (done this lots of times only have to show them how I did it and they will beat it by a few bucks, give me vouchers and I have peace of mind that I have a person I can contract rather then the Internet)