Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where does it snow in NZ?

Where does it snow in NZ?

Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where does it snow in NZ?

Yes, am hoping for a much better and longer summer this year. Las year was dire really, only started in late January and had gone by April.
I was freezing the rest of the time, especially indoors.
Heating has had to be switched off as it was a case of eating or heating??
No choice really.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
Yes, am hoping for a much better and longer summer this year. Las year was dire really, only started in late January and had gone by April.
No choice really.

Where do you live?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:50 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
No choice really.
WOW that doesn't sound good at all Rascal. I know my family in CHCH complained about the summer or lack of it but they did think the winter was a little milder than usual but keep in mind they have lived there all their lives so well acclimatised.
Fingers crossed you get a good summer this year.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:23 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

a good indication of the warmth and sun is how much balage we cut of the same paddock, year after year.Last year we had a record cut.This wasn't because it was cold, sunless and unsummer like.
Perhaps there was just a chilly micro climate over CHch.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:04 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by deedee
a good indication of the warmth and sun is how much balage we cut of the same paddock, year after year.Last year we had a record cut.This wasn't because it was cold, sunless and unsummer like.
Perhaps there was just a chilly micro climate over CHch.
Yep my ballage was down also.......WTF