Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where do you go on Holiday when living in NZ?..

Where do you go on Holiday when living in NZ?..

Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Where do you go on Holiday when living in NZ?..

I know that most probably stay in NZ for obvious reasons but has anyone ventured away?.

Or are you all to skint!.. sorry, just seems to be the topic of the mo
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:51 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Where do you go on Holiday when living in NZ?..

Originally Posted by Wessa
I know that most probably stay in NZ for obvious reasons but has anyone ventured away?.

Or are you all too skint!.. sorry, just seems to be the topic of the mo
Many Kiwis head off to Aussie, of course. Fiji is a popular destination. Some other Pacific Island destinations include New Caledonia, the Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga and Tahiti.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:28 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of places in NZ to explore!

http://www.aatravel.co.nz/101-must-d...iwis/index.php
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:24 pm

Lemon Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to Rarotonga (Cook Islands) last year & it was fantastic. Best holiday we've ever had, (well Dubai was too but in a different way). We shall definitely go again but plan to stay on Aitutaki as well next time.

Planning to go to Brisbane & the Gold Coast later on this year.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:27 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

We explored NZ in a few extended weekends, a couple of visits to some other Pacific islands and then spent the rest of our holidays in Australia, plus business trips there too.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

We are hoping to have a few days away next month on the Coromandel.... not too far away from us and looks really nice.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Had one holiday to Gold Coast, Surfers paradise to be precise...never again!! Lots of other places I would love to see over there though and I look forward to that.

Been back to UK and Germany twice, but I dont really consider that a holiday.

My best holidays have been South Island, Coromandel, Bay of Islands, Taupo.
I work in foreign exchange and I can assure you people do travel overseas
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:36 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wessa

Or are you all to skint!.. sorry, just seems to be the topic of the mo
Used to head over to Oz mostly. Fiji is nice for a relaxing break but isn't cheap. I prefer to head back to the UK for holidays.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
We are hoping to have a few days away next month on the Coromandel.... not too far away from us and looks really nice.
Oh Sarah you will love it I'm sure! We went between christmas and NY and it was fantastic. Its the 5th time we have been and I could go every weekend
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

We've had summer holidays in the Bay of Islands, then the Coromandel and this year, we did the Eastern Bay of Plenty.

Bay of Islands remains our favourite so far.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:39 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jude J
Had one holiday to Gold Coast, Surfers paradise to be precise...never again!!
Don't blame you!....Surfer's needs to be taken in a maximum of an hour long dose, preferably with a large side order of North Burleigh and Tamborine mountain greens to take the taste away.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:02 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Well had plans to do our big South Island trip in just over two weeks and we managed to cover about 1/3 of the ground we planned - so much to see down there. Got an invite back for next Christmas with mates from Adelaide - all being well will wander around another 1/3 then!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nerine
Don't blame you!....Surfer's needs to be taken in a maximum of an hour long dose, preferably with a large side order of North Burleigh and Tamborine mountain greens to take the taste away.
Oh yes, Tamborine mountain was fantastic! Stunning views, really peaceful. Loved it!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Holiday! This feels like a holiday still! Just a working, long term holiday

Seriously, I'm itching to get back to the South Island, Queenstown, yay!! And Aussie will be another option, flights aint cheap though!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
hi sarah,coramandel is lovely,we went to Matarangi last year for a week,going there again at easter,had a great time,scenery is spectacular.....

you will have to go on the mountain railway in coramandel town,kids will love it......jacky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.