Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a poppy

Where to buy a poppy

Old Nov 5th 2012, 3:47 am
Confused but Alive

tattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud of
Default Where to buy a poppy

Where can you buy a poppy for RD in Christchurch? Looking but with no luck.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 3:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Where to buy a poppy

Wrong time of year here m'love. Mostly you see them for Anzac day. April time
Old Nov 5th 2012, 5:41 am
Confused but Alive

tattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud oftattoobarbie has much to be proud of

ahh bevs that sucks. I will just have to make one and donate some money to the royal british legion.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:04 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I make an online donation to RBL. However, I'm happy to buy a poppy for ANZAC day in April. They seem coy about selling ANZAC poppies though.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:49 pm
`

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
I make an online donation to RBL. However, I'm happy to buy a poppy for ANZAC day in April. They seem coy about selling ANZAC poppies though.

There's been a bit of argy bargy about that as normally the RSA people make and sell the poppies. However, it was decided to source that out to China I think.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:35 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I thought that was a crappy thing to do but if they can get more money selling them because they are made more cheaply in China then I can at least understand the reasoning behind it.

However, I can understand why it's contravercial.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:44 pm
`

Originally Posted by tattoobarbie
Where can you buy a poppy for RD in Christchurch? Looking but with no luck.
Found them !

A good pal of mine sent me out a few RBL poppies from the UK last year so I could share with expat pals here. I have a couple left over. I will send you one if you let me have an address.

Proper jobby with the leaf.