Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where is the best all year round weather?

Where is the best all year round weather?

Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is the best all year round weather?

Originally Posted by lardyl
Just keep her away from this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447862
I know my missus would say "hell no" to move over to Oz if she ever saw those photos!!!!
Hey Ian, no worries, Ian (that's me too, but I'm on the Hi-Biscus Coast not Wigan Pier!!).........BTW, I did love your beer fridge - mine just sits on the floor of the garage as we are still in Winter here in NZ!!!!

Yet another thing associated with Oz thats blown out of proportion

Not seem any nasties or creepy crawlies and I've kept my eye out as I'm scared of snakes.

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

I love snakes and lizards, was gutted to hear NZ didnt have any.

Shall be encouraging them in the garden when we get to Brissy.

Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Yet another thing associated with Oz thats blown out of proportion

Not seem any nasties or creepy crawlies and I've kept my eye out as I'm scared of snakes.

Ian
well, its horses for courses as the Kiwi at the next desk to me lived in Oz for 4 years and has many a horror story to tell about what you could and couldn't do and what you might find in various places around the house - sure, there aren't many injuries /deaths but that doesn't stop some people being rightfully wary of various of the fauna in your neck of the woods.......
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
well, its horses for courses as the Kiwi at the next desk to me lived in Oz for 4 years and has many a horror story to tell about what you could and couldn't do and what you might find in various places around the house - sure, there aren't many injuries /deaths but that doesn't stop some people being rightfully wary of various of the fauna in your neck of the woods.......

Bit like the myth that NZ is really dangerous because of all earth quakes it has!

Can't be that bad over here as there are more Kiwi's living in our road than Ozzies

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:56 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Bit like the myth that NZ is really dangerous because of all earth quakes it has!

Ian
Since I live in the shadow of active Volcanoes and was here during the Eruptions of 95/96 the last thing I worry about is Earthquakes and Volcanoes.

Most dangerous thing in New Zealand is the nut behind the wheel of a car

Back to weather! Yesterday was probably the first clear blue sky up on Mt Ruapehu for a few weeks, Nothing better than to be 2000m up a mountain looking at a few clouds below throwing a few rain showers here and there
Nothing like driving up a mountain road on snow and ice passing nervous 4wd owners in your Chained 2wd European car, then enjoy a whole day of Sunshine. Coming home and feeling warmer than you would have had you not spent the day up a mountain.

This is why I like NZ