Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where is the best all year round weather?

Where is the best all year round weather?

Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:22 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where is the best all year round weather?

18 degrees here in Hawkes Bay today and we spent the morning walking on the beach
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
18 degrees here in Hawkes Bay today and we spent the morning walking on the beach
Sounds nice, I think we hit 17 but it was still lovely. Went for a walk this afternoon with my bubba.... love the hazy views out over the water towards Waiheke.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Sounds nice, I think we hit 17 but it was still lovely. Went for a walk this afternoon with my bubba.... love the hazy views out over the water towards Waiheke.
Yep ,

gorgeous yesterday and today in Papamoa. Shorts yesterday. We used to live in South East of England which got all the good weather. Well , so far its much better here. Very mild winter and very pleasant summer but not so hot like Spain where you can`t go out in it cos its too bloody hot.
Ash
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
Yep ,

gorgeous yesterday and today in Papamoa. Shorts yesterday. We used to live in South East of England which got all the good weather. Well , so far its much better here. Very mild winter and very pleasant summer but not so hot like Spain where you can`t go out in it cos its too bloody hot.
Ash
Oh you lucky thing.... we loved Papamoa beach. I wondered when I was there.... are you allowed to ride a horse on that beach?

It hasnt got too hot here yet... in the 2 years we've been here the hottest temp was about 28.... summer temps seem to be around the mid 20's.....just right for me! This winter has been (so far!) a lot milder than last winter.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:38 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Rangiora about 25 mins north of Christchurch. We've only been here about 8 or 9 weeks but we've had some beautiful weather for winter. We've got one of those garden thermometer things and so far we've had days reaching 24, 26 and even 28 deg. I didn't think the thing was reading right so I took the digital one we have in the house outside - and yep that was the temp alright! We've had one or two cold snaps which don't seem to last and one or two grey days with heavy rain, but on the whole it's blue sky and warm sunny days and we love it! It can get windy - like last night was. We've been told that when the nor'wester blows it brings a hot, dry wind and can get up to 40 deg here in summer and the easterlies off the sea are cold winds.

We didn't come here for the weather but having a winter like this has been a real bonus.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you lucky thing.... we loved Papamoa beach. I wondered when I was there.... are you allowed to ride a horse on that beach?

It hasnt got too hot here yet... in the 2 years we've been here the hottest temp was about 28.... summer temps seem to be around the mid 20's.....just right for me! This winter has been (so far!) a lot milder than last winter.
Hi Sarah,

I`m pretty sure that you can in fact there is a riding school opposite us that uses the grassy reserve next to the beach. Apparently , some friends went to Maketu the other day and went for a long horse ride that takes you down to a deserted beach. Sounded great.
Weather nice again today but a cold breeze but fantastic if you can shelter from it
Happy days
Ash
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hi Sarah,

I`m pretty sure that you can in fact there is a riding school opposite us that uses the grassy reserve next to the beach. Apparently , some friends went to Maketu the other day and went for a long horse ride that takes you down to a deserted beach. Sounded great.
Weather nice again today but a cold breeze but fantastic if you can shelter from it
Happy days
Ash
Thanks Ash... it was such a nice long beach, I would like to have a canter on a horse down it! I saw 2 people riding this morning and it makes me want to ride again... I have a horse but Ive turned him away for the winter because I have a young baby I didnt find I had time to ride him. I'm looking forward to the spring and longer days so I can work with him again. Talking of spring.... this weather today is unreal!! Really really warm in the sun.... fantastic!! I'm going to have to dig out some summery clothes if this keeps up.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tequila
Hello all .... first time on the NZ forum, I usually pop into the Aussie one.
Where would I find the best all year round weather in NZ? The least rain and most sun, with a good average temp, I guess it's north of Auckland?
Many thanks
North of Auckland still have their waterwings on. Think Nelson is warmer-Wellington rules though.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have a horse but Ive turned him away for the winter because I have a young baby I didnt find I had time to ride him. I'm looking forward to the spring and longer days so I can work with him again.
Aah. Can you ride. Me and him would love to be able to ride just a little bit. We've been on horses just a few times in our life. Once was on a windswept beach north of Auckland . I wanted the horse to go in the surf but it would not It knew I was rubbish and just sitting there like a right plonker.

We see horses being ridden all over the place around here. On beaches; up the road. Lots of horses here.

We have gotten to know three horses a tiny bit over the past month and i must say they are wonderful animals. Each differing in nature. Never thought I would think it amazing to have a horse do the rumbling blow thing right in my face. A sort of nose kiss thing.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Me and him would love to be able to ride just a little bit
That will be both your age luv

Never thought I would think it amazing to have a horse do the rumbling blow thing right in my face. A sort of nose kiss thing.
When your over remind me to lend you a few of me video's loads of nose kissing with horses and other animals

PS 27 degs today here and like that for the whole weekend
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Aah. Can you ride. Me and him would love to be able to ride just a little bit. We've been on horses just a few times in our life. Once was on a windswept beach north of Auckland . I wanted the horse to go in the surf but it would not It knew I was rubbish and just sitting there like a right plonker.

We see horses being ridden all over the place around here. On beaches; up the road. Lots of horses here.

We have gotten to know three horses a tiny bit over the past month and i must say they are wonderful animals. Each differing in nature. Never thought I would think it amazing to have a horse do the rumbling blow thing right in my face. A sort of nose kiss thing.
Hello.... I learnt to ride when I was a bit of a nipper... but parents couldnt afford to keep a pony for me. I got my first horse when I was 21 and had moved out of home. He was from Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester and had had a really naff life. I then had a couple of New Forest Ponies.... sold them, then I got a beautiful purebred arabian (Who I still own and is in the UK looking after my best friend)... I bought him a friend, another beautiful arab who was a bit cracked in the head (but he he'd had bad treatment from a previous owner) and in the end killed himself by going through a fence... very sad. Here in NZ I just have an American Standardbred.... saved him from going to Jimbos Petfood Factory... cost me the equivalent of £280. I'm not riding him at the moment purely as I cant give him the time he needs.... but I wont sell him as lots of ex-racers go for petfood.... he is out in some lovely fields near Whitford just enjoying being a horse with his buddies.

Horses are very special to me..... my little girl is 7 months old now and we lift her onto her rocking horse and she smiles from ear to ear....and wont let go when its time to get off.... I'm hoping she might love horses too.

Last edited by SarahB; Aug 10th 2007 at 10:52 am.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
That will be both your age luv

When your over remind me to lend you a few of me video's loads of nose kissing with horses and other animals

Big tongues smilies.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 10th 2007 at 11:08 am. Reason: you know you love it.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Northland...that's why it's called the winterless north.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:15 am
Banned

southerncomforts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phil01
Northland...that's why it's called the winterless north.
Has that not been renamed the Wettest North recently
Head for Taranaki where you could ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon or even the other way around.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Sorry, it was not 27 deg today.........................cos it got to 29

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.