Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Where is all the negativity???

Where is all the negativity???

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future
Default Where is all the negativity???

Is it me or are there far less negative posts doing the rounds at the moment?

Have all the negative posters been converted by the summer :@)
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:19 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Where is all the negativity???

Apropos of absolutely boom-diddley-squat I'm headed to California this Sunday. Gonna shake the money tree for three-four months, then bundle on back down to New Zealand.
Oh negativity -- it rained today.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

What summer??????

Only another couple of weeks and you can all start sleeping in your beanies, jumpers and socks again.....lol

Burt
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:19 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
What summer??????

Only another couple of weeks and you can all start sleeping in your beanies, jumpers and socks again.....lol

Burt
Yeah, so what!
Just 'cos this past summer was crap doesn't mean the next one will be.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Stock up for winter:

1. Large container of Prosaic (larger than the summer one)
2. Large container of extra strength St Johns Wort (In case you run out of Prosaic)
3. Dehumidifier.
4. Some damp old wood for the fire.
5. A bigger umbrella than your summer one, for the winter rain.
6. Work even more overtime to pay for the electricity bill. Don't forget the companies charge more for electric in the winter.
7. Board games - for when the Sky TV cuts out due to "Rain Fade"
8. 4 jumpers per person so you can walk around the house once the sun goes down.
9. A sense of humour for when next summer is just as bad as the last 4! LOL

Burt
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Thats more like it!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Sir! Didn't want to disappoint!

Burt
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

greaves is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by brandn
Is it me or are there far less negative posts doing the rounds at the moment?

Have all the negative posters been converted by the summer :@)
I share your negativity. We have only been here for 9 weeks and the kids and me are ready to go back to Stoke on Trent. How long have you been here and which area do you live? Do you have children?

Gill
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

How can you be negative when the sky is blue and the temperature is above 25 degrees and its the weekend!!!
Woooppeeee, we all feel negative some times but on days like this?? Its beutiful out there...get out side and go to the beach!!!!!!!!!!! (don't forget your lotion)!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:18 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

It's all positive down here is cloudy chch. Even got free broadband at the mo!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 6:26 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=greaves;4447160]I share your negativity. We have only been here for 9 weeks and the kids and me are ready to go back to Stoke on Trent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why so negative already,where are you staying are you near Wellington if so you need to meet Danny/Donna and me and spouse and other families and have a great laff.We stayed in a motel for 10 days when we first arrived then a studio unit for 4 weeks till we got our house ,bit exxy but it was a holiday for a while till we started work.We slept on a blow up mattress in our house until the container arrived 5 days after getting the keys and cooked on the hob and oven and cheap micro and dishes /plates and ate off the outdoor table we got .No TV for a few days till sky installed(we cant get a pic on an arial here valley problems) but we roughed it as we say and enjoyed every minute .
Stoke on Trent ,UM I sold my house in the UK to a family from there ,funny thing is they sold it and went back ,what has Stoke on Trent got that is better than here .We have 4 seasons in a day,lots of rumbles (quakes) and an outdoor life to kill for in grotty old uk .Dont despair help is around the corner for expats from expats.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:00 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greaves
I share your negativity. We have only been here for 9 weeks and the kids and me are ready to go back to Stoke on Trent. How long have you been here and which area do you live? Do you have children?

Gill
Take up Cherrys offer to meet, I got so down when I first arrived and just wanted to sleep and stay warm in bed the weather was that cold.
If you can make friends early on it will help you no end, friends hold you together and make life nice again
Old Feb 24th 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Gill
Im not negative, im not even there yet but i just noticed a distinct lack of negative posts at the moment and i thought i would see if everyone had turned a corner and was loving it. Sorry to hear your not settling yet.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 4:27 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Gill
Hi there Gill, I feel for you, we have just started the process to come to NZ, whats gone so wrong that you want to come home to U.K.
mARIKA
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Burt Badger
Stock up for winter:

1. Large container of Prosaic (larger than the summer one)
2. Large container of extra strength St Johns Wort (In case you run out of Prosaic)
3. Dehumidifier.
4. Some damp old wood for the fire.
5. A bigger umbrella than your summer one, for the winter rain.
6. Work even more overtime to pay for the electricity bill. Don't forget the companies charge more for electric in the winter.
7. Board games - for when the Sky TV cuts out due to "Rain Fade"
8. 4 jumpers per person so you can walk around the house once the sun goes down.
9. A sense of humour for when next summer is just as bad as the last 4! LOL

Burt
Think its "prozac"!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.