Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

When your motor bike arrives......

When your motor bike arrives......

Old Apr 22nd 2011, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default When your motor bike arrives......

Hello guys,
Just a quick one..

When your Motorbike arrives say in chch, do i need to be there?
Will i have to ride it home from there or will it come with the rest of the container stuff? I assumed it would come with everything else..

I know that it needs to be checked..it is spotless...
but i thought it was for me to take it to be registered when i wanted to do it.
Im not sure if i give the shipping guys the paperwork for it for when it gets to chch in the container too...

Your advice is always welcomed..

Gary..
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When your motor bike arrives......

It will be delivered with the rest of your container stuff then u need to trailer it (read ride) to vtnz and if it,s all good it will come out with a plate on. They do check brake pads for asbestos so you need a cert from a dealer over here or get some Kiwi pads fitted

Neil
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 8:29 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

It needs to go through compliance, not all VTNZs can do that by any means as it is much more than a wof check so ring them first. As a motor vehicle it will technically clear customs seperately to your effects so may be available at a different time. If one is held up they should be able to clear and deliver the other.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Take it to dealers to get a brake compliance check done, they will probably put new pads in then give you a compliance certificate.
Then take that to a VTNZ station for its registration and wof. first one is a bit dearer as you pay for the plates.
After that off you go, have fun, mind the roads they can be slippy and not always in great condition.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and if like me you cock up drilling the holes in the plates with excitement, you pay again for a different rego as they do not do suplicate plates and no one here is allowed to make them.

I was advised that legally you have to trailer from the importer to the testing location, i used Biketranz who were excellent and not expensive.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was delivered to my house and i rode it to the vtnz station.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

mine was taken from the container prior to the container being delivered to the house. It took an extra three weeks before i could pick the bike ( and car ) up from the shippers, this was after a trip to customs house to get some paperwork stamped. I then drove to the nearest place to get the plates and WOF.
They didn't change the brake pads as all European brake pads have been asbestos free since 2004.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ~ just wanted to say thanks, what a useful thread. My hubby is planning to ship over his bikes and this info is really helpful. He plans to sell one after we have settled and would love to buy a Harley!
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:50 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florabundi
...He plans to sell one after we have settled and would love to buy a Harley!
Check the regulations regarding tax payable on items imported and sold, also on how long he's owned the ones he's bringing.
Links, I have no doubt, will follow.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ~ just wanted to say thanks, what a useful thread. My hubby is planning to ship over his bikes and this info is really helpful. He plans to sell one after we have settled and would love to buy a Harley!

Buy one in the UK they are mega bucks here
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:09 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

If he sells within 2yrs of import as a concession he'll pay GST on the value at importation.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does this make sense to you guys? This iswhat PSS have told me.. I thought the bike would get checked with the rest of the contents and would arrive at the address we give them all together. But Robinsons have never even mentioned this

"Once the container arrives into port your consignment needs to clear through customs and quarantine which can take around 2 weeks. The motorbike will need to be collected from our agents depot in Lyttelton as vehicles need to be registered before they are allowed into the country. Our agents will contact you once your motorbike has cleared through customs and quarantine to arrange the collection but will have in the meantime helped you with paperwork and helped fix up any appointments surrounding this procedure."

Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:36 pm
It is what it is Member

Vehicles clear customs and maf in their own right, at their own pace and must be recorded before they enter. Without being recorded on the vehicle database it can't be complianced and therefore can't be road registered etc.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

that,s not how ours worked, but if it helps i work at Lyttleton port so i could probably pick it up and store it here untill you are ready to collect ?

I could get it rego,d ect and you can just ride it home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.