When to visit?

Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

big nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nice
Default Re: When to visit?

Originally Posted by Browner_
Well if you are fixed on Napier/Hasting, I shouldnt worry too much about the weather, wine grapes grow there like nobodys business, and every time Ive been there its scorching and dry (in the summer).

Having said that, you would have to drag me there, Im not sure I could even cope with a full weekend there.
Unless I was travelling round the wineries maybe.
How come? Is it too touristy? not enough to do? too much to do? questions galore!!!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

On the positives and negatives...do a search on the site...there are lots of old threads - mainly pretty balanced ones too.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big nelly
How come? Is it too touristy? not enough to do? too much to do? questions galore!!!
I couldnt cope with my world view having Hastings or Napier in the middle of it. Way too remote, and really not very much there. Not sure I like the demographic much, too many with frontier/small town attitudes.

Others will have their own view, but I couldnt live there.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

big nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nicebig nelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by Browner_
I couldnt cope with my world view having Hastings or Napier in the middle of it. Way too remote, and really not very much there. Not sure I like the demographic much, too many with frontier/small town attitudes.

Others will have their own view, but I couldnt live there.
I used to live in Edinburgh, but moved to a smallish market town on the outskirts of Leeds about 17 years ago, and i have to admit it really took a long time to adjust to life in a town rather than a city.... i still love the city, but not sure i could live in the heart of it anymore, not as a family anyway... but in the same breath i can't imagine being in the sticks away from shops, bars, and people in general.
Do you live in NZ now? if so, what areas?