Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

When To Start Job Hunting

When To Start Job Hunting

Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

pinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura aboutpinkninny has a spectacular aura about
Default When To Start Job Hunting

Could some one please give me some advice, we was selected yesterday and waiting for our checks and paper work to come through. When should i start applying for jobs, want to have a job before we leave so we have at least one income. but really don't have a clue when to do things.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of
Default Re: When To Start Job Hunting

Originally Posted by pinkninny
Could some one please give me some advice, we was selected yesterday and waiting for our checks and paper work to come through. When should i start applying for jobs, want to have a job before we leave so we have at least one income. but really don't have a clue when to do things.
Apply now. Karen applied and got a job offer before we had even submitted an EOI (we had planned to go on Work to Residency but her new boss in NZ advised against it). If you have a job offer in one of the 3 areas they need people - future growth, clusters and absolute skills shortage - your ITA will be treated preferrentially (at least that's what it says in the bumf that came with ours).