Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

when is nz financial year end!!

when is nz financial year end!!

Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

kazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the rough
Question when is nz financial year end!!

Hi, just wanted to let you know that OH called potential employer last night, to be told that they have had to stop all recruitment at the moment - globally, not just NZ. I can only think it has to do with the end of the financial year. Anyway, very frustrating as told his CV was the only one they were interested in for the position, with all relevant experience etc. We just have to wait and see what happens in the future, but for now, it is off. Very depressed as OH was really excited about job being an exact match to what he does now and really enjoys it. Is their financial year end the same as UK - End of March, beginning of April?? Any one else had this experience and finally ended up with the job?? It looks as if we will need to continue looking. Thanx for all your advice, you are a great bunch!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

neilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really nice
Default Re: when is nz financial year end!!

There are several dates, but the vast majority for companies are end June I'm afraid.

Neil
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

kazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the roughkazzie is a jewel in the rough
Question Re: when is nz financial year end!!

Thanks for that. It could be a long wait then. OH said his company did similar thing a while ago. They take stock and see where they can make savings, so job may be merged with another one, decided it is not needed, or we may get lucky. So near and yet so far!! I guess alot of companies will be trying to make savings in present global economic climate. Do you know of any other companies with recruitment freeze at the moment?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Chip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really niceChip is just really nice

The financial year runs from the 1st April to end of March in NZ. Companies can request a different "balance date" to suit their needs which would become their accounting period and effectively change their financial year.

Chip
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: when is nz financial year end!!

Thanx. This position was with a major global IT company. Have to wait and see!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

neilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really niceneilw71 is just really nice

Yep - I suppose the strict year is as stated, but most large companies are end June - hence the OP being told about the delay. I doubt they would be told that for a 2 week delay Maybe worth clarifying next week with the comapny directly.

Neil