Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

When Kiwis move house..

When Kiwis move house..

Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:48 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Kiwis move house..

oh and fwiw, i wonder what's going in there.

I'm betting on a church.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that's what they mean by "up sticks"
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:10 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
The question is ...WHY? - I bet the cost of moving the house would be nearly as much as building it from new!
You would be surprised how cheap it is to lift and load.

Our family took most of the property from the waikato acros to Bay of Plenty in the 50's and 60's.

Back then the lift was all manual, the roads were all metal,
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:21 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

We've done this and it is by far the cheapest way of getting a house.

My parents wanted somewhere to live when they come to visit. We have loads of land ( as it's a farm!) so didn't even need resource consent, just building consent.

We looked at all sorts of building companies, ready made new houses etc and all were coming in so far over their budget that I thought we were going to have to give up.

Then we started to look at the 'house graveyards' and there were some real sorry looking places. However if you make enquiries, state what you want, then the company lets you know when they have something. The one we ended up getting was immaculate, needed redecorating but that was a taste thing. The house plus relocate and foundations cost $46,000. You couldn't build any sort of house for that.

And the whole thing was really exciting.