Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

When do you sell your car?

When do you sell your car?

Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question When do you sell your car?

So, thinking am very posh have Saab convertible - gave it the big I am this year for all of 4 weeks in total. (They all tell you Cornwall's the mildest county in the UK - nobody mentions it's the wettest!) Need 2 cars for 4 kids, 2 adults, 2 dogs and both work. Have requisite people carrier and said pose-mobile. Thought best to sell "Summer Toy" now as will be hard to sell in Jan when we intend to go. Will then leave us with just the one car, for 2 jobs, train station for school run for 2, primary school for 1 and nursery for 1, work for 2? You're confused??!!

Then when do you sell the other car? When you do, what do you do? How do you get to the airport? Do you leave it to reliable friend to sell for you?

I need to lie down.

Caroline
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:55 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: When do you sell your car?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
So, thinking am very posh have Saab convertible - gave it the big I am this year for all of 4 weeks in total. (They all tell you Cornwall's the mildest county in the UK - nobody mentions it's the wettest!) Need 2 cars for 4 kids, 2 adults, 2 dogs and both work. Have requisite people carrier and said pose-mobile. Thought best to sell "Summer Toy" now as will be hard to sell in Jan when we intend to go. Will then leave us with just the one car, for 2 jobs, train station for school run for 2, primary school for 1 and nursery for 1, work for 2? You're confused??!!

Then when do you sell the other car? When you do, what do you do? How do you get to the airport? Do you leave it to reliable friend to sell for you?

I need to lie down.

Caroline
To be honest, a Saab Convertible is a Marmite car anyway (you either love them or hate them)....people who buy Saab's buy them at any time of the year, whenever they are looking for one, so I doubt it will matter too much. Our summer is passed now anyway, so I doubt it will sell on it's "rooflessness" now....maybe you should advertise it with exceptionally good wipers and demisters instead !!

If it sells, I'd rent a car one way to get to the airport......or hitch a lift from a friend.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

I need to lie down.

Caroline
We left our car with family to sell after we'd gone. We found we needed it to make the tour of our friends to say our goodbyes. We put it in the auto trader and it was sold within a week!
As for the airport, we got friends to take us (3 bloody cars as my daughters' friends all wanted to say goodbye at the airport!). Then she went back to the UK after 3 weeks!!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:17 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winnie
We left our car with family to sell after we'd gone. We found we needed it to make the tour of our friends to say our goodbyes. We put it in the auto trader and it was sold within a week!
As for the airport, we got friends to take us (3 bloody cars as my daughters' friends all wanted to say goodbye at the airport!). Then she went back to the UK after 3 weeks!!!
we intended to use our car (puegeot 106) to tour Britain to say goodbye and then realised it wasn't the car to do so many miles in (nothing wrong with it, just not built for comfort or speed). Said car now on Ebay, intend to hire car for 3 weeks - damn the cost, we are all spending money hand over fist and this is just a drop in the ocean!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

I need to lie down.

Caroline
Get the bugger knicked and burnt out. Get far more from insurance at this point of a car's life. Know a couple of boys if you need!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:28 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Get the bugger knicked and burnt out. Get far more from insurance at this point of a car's life. Know a couple of boys if you need!!
See me later!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
See me later!
Will do! Don wants you to know its me,not her-she's clean as a whistle!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:31 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danny.f
Yes please, is probably the most uncomfotable car to drive in the world. You'd understand Danny, hell on your stilletoes!! May have to get those collagen implants for the balls of my feet if have to drive much longer!

Anyone know if can buy Vauxhall Zafiras out there. We love ours. V economical and fits 4 kids & 2 dogs?

Surely this should be a boys thread?
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Sold my Smart car 3 days before we emigrated to a neighbour..... OH sold his Evo8 (that almost made him cry!!)... a few weeks before the move and then bought an old banger for a few hundred quid to get him to work for the last few weeks. Mum and dad treated us to a chauffeur driven large estate car down to Heathrow.... bless them.... made it really easy for us.

Vauxhalls are known as Holdens out here. Theres some huge cars out here so you should be able to find what you want pretty easily. The roads are full of V8s and 4wd's.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

OH sold his in january as we didnt need two cars, he had finished his job and I transfered to a dept a couple of miles up the road and he could drop me off if he needed the car

sold mine 3 days before to a garage, as we had a hire van to move the last few bits to the skip and to various other places, from the friday to the sunday and borrowed my parents car on the sunday afternoon to do any last minute paniccing

My parents dropped us at the airport, I might add the car was slightly full with 4 people and all our baggage
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Surely this should be a boys thread?
lol...... Nope!! I watch Top Gear with my OH.... yeah sad I know!!

As for car mad..... the worst person I know is my 2 year old..... totally car crazy... so maybe it is a boys thing after all?!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kwprwn
My parents dropped us at the airport, I might add the car was slightly full with 4 people and all our baggage
You were brave....... no way could I have anybody I knew at the Airport.... I cried so much as I hugged my dad goodbye, I cried half of the way down to Heathrow as it was.... Id have been a total wreck if theyd been at the airport.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
lol...... Nope!! I watch Top Gear with my OH.... yeah sad I know!!

As for car mad..... the worst person I know is my 2 year old..... totally car crazy... so maybe it is a boys thing after all?!
OMG I have only discovered Top Gear since I got here, the car bit doesnt interest me really but its so funny they just take the piss all the time
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
You were brave....... no way could I have anybody I knew at the Airport.... I cried so much as I hugged my dad goodbye, I cried half of the way down to Heathrow as it was.... Id have been a total wreck if theyd been at the airport.
my mum was really upset at the airport, i felt soooo guilty and then my dad got a bit teary as well, It was horrible, not an experience i would like to repeat
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kwprwn
my mum was really upset at the airport, i felt soooo guilty and then my dad got a bit teary as well, It was horrible, not an experience i would like to repeat

I'd love it if my dad got teary as we left!!! He's dead!! Can you get Top Gear? Excellent!! Don loves it as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.