Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's in your man's trousers?????

What's in your man's trousers?????

Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:55 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What's in your man's trousers?????

Originally Posted by lardyl
was it squintin at ya on account of its "one eye"???

/blushes and backs into a corner/
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:04 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
I'll not follow up with the oozing from the orbit ----- ah the old jokes are the best......

"one eyed vomi**ng w**b-ferret" and all that......oh b*gger I have just pressed <submit reply> ,,,,, oooopppsss
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Macd will become famous soon enoughMacd will become famous soon enough

OMG....what is that insect

Bugs, cockroaches, ants, spiders are my biggest phobia and if anything is going to put me off it would be the thought of living with these. I know we have them in the UK but never been invaded by anything thank god, spiders here aren't too bad as long as they keep their distance. Thinking of having hynotherapy if we do take the plunge, Oh agrees theraphy would do me good!!!

Seriously though are bugs etc the exception rather than the rule and does it depend on which area you live in?

Tracey
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:19 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macd
OMG....what is that insect

Bugs, cockroaches, ants, spiders are my biggest phobia and if anything is going to put me off it would be the thought of living with these. I know we have them in the UK but never been invaded by anything thank god, spiders here aren't too bad as long as they keep their distance. Thinking of having hynotherapy if we do take the plunge, Oh agrees theraphy would do me good!!!

Seriously though are bugs etc the exception rather than the rule and does it depend on which area you live in?

Tracey
Where you live does influence it but you unless the house is sprayed you are almost guaranteed to get bugs including the aforementioned creepy crawlies. Most are harmless, the ants can be a real pain when the weather turns wet/cold and there are mozzies around even during the winter (we had some on my birthday at the end of July - think January). Spraying of houses and underfloor spaces helps but you will hear bugs most nights in the summer and autumn and some of them are quite large. No real nasties though, apart from the whitetail spider and the odd other Aussie imports. If you keep south then the bug problem (aside from sandflies and other midges) is less of one. Good Luck on the job front - there are threads in here all about getting office/admin jobs, <search> is your friend. LL
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Macd will become famous soon enoughMacd will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lardyl
Where you live does influence it but you unless the house is sprayed you are almost guaranteed to get bugs including the aforementioned creepy crawlies. Most are harmless, the ants can be a real pain when the weather turns wet/cold and there are mozzies around even during the winter (we had some on my birthday at the end of July - think January). Spraying of houses and underfloor spaces helps but you will hear bugs most nights in the summer and autumn and some of them are quite large. No real nasties though, apart from the whitetail spider and the odd other Aussie imports. If you keep south then the bug problem (aside from sandflies and other midges) is less of one. Good Luck on the job front - there are threads in here all about getting office/admin jobs, <search> is your friend. LL
Thanks for that Lardyl.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karonious
I particularly liked the thought of a 'trouser weta' and a 'bed weta' as mentioned on the phone the other night.
Sorry for bringing this to the fore again, for all of you, of a squeamish nature, but the weta's back!!!! Lying in bed the other night, fast asleep, when Adie sat bolt upright. I immediately awoke and asked what was wrong. He sat there saying "there's a light in my hand" over and over again, so I said "go back to sleep, you've been dreaming", to which he replied "there's a light in my hand". He then leaned over and put the light on and said "see". There on the floor was a b****y weta.
What had happened was the weta had crawled across Adie's face as he was sleeping. When he awoke, he was trying to say "turn the light on, there's something in my hand" after pulling the weta off of his ear. So there we have it, not only has Adie discovered the trouser weta but also the much fabled bed weta!!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:13 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spackster
Sorry for bringing this to the fore again, for all of you, of a squeamish nature, but the weta's back!!!! Lying in bed the other night, fast asleep, when Adie sat bolt upright. I immediately awoke and asked what was wrong. He sat there saying "there's a light in my hand" over and over again, so I said "go back to sleep, you've been dreaming", to which he replied "there's a light in my hand". He then leaned over and put the light on and said "see". There on the floor was a b****y weta.
What had happened was the weta had crawled across Adie's face as he was sleeping. When he awoke, he was trying to say "turn the light on, there's something in my hand" after pulling the weta off of his ear. So there we have it, not only has Adie discovered the trouser weta but also the much fabled bed weta!!!
Trust him!!!
He never lets us down, does he!!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:16 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Oy! the less stories about me and 'Trouser Weta's' the better. Thnk you very much Thats not a reputation I particully want.
*guffaw!*

Originally Posted by spackster
Bwa ha ha ha ha thank you so much for bringing this thread back up, seems I missed it first time around.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:24 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Here he is, a real live hubby reading the post's on expats

Well I'm back up and about now, fully recovered from the shock and horror. That was a strange moment. I had no idea there something alive in my trousers (well I am married ) I thought it was a twig that had got caught in them on the washing line. so I stuck my hand in to get it out, and the thing grabbed hold of me hand (at least it didn't grab something else ) so I whipped it out quickly (my hand that is)
Just read that again - FUNNY!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Bed weta That made me LOL
Old Dec 27th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karonious
Just read that again - FUNNY!
Just bringing some christmas cheer. At Adie's expense.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:55 am
conquering the world!

Had to resurrect this for people who may have missed it first time round. Sorry (not!) Adie