Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's your favourite ..........

What's your favourite ..........

Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:42 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favourite ..........

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I feel ill just thinking about the room spinning!!
I call it retribution from on high for all you sinners..........
I'm off to bed safe in the knowledge that I drank very little tonight and the room will only be spinning if MrsL gives me a thump for keeping her awake with Crowded House!!!
(yes she is upstairs trying to get some shut-eye)
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:45 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

In honour of the fact it's Friday night & we would be spending it with our mates if we were in the UK, I wish to know what your favourite tipple is .........
Hmm, I have a few - Scottish Mule (whisky, ginger, fresh lime & Anguilla Bitters - yum!), Southern Comfort & lemonade, PIMMS or lager/cider shandy made with ginger instead of the lemonade. Or with a bit of both!

Cider & ginger with loads of ice is my current tipple, fuelled by all the cider ads. Cider sales have now overtaken lager in the UK for the first time this year I believe.

Baileys in winter by the fire is good too.

Yum, I fancy a drink!

I'm quite envious of people who are easily satisfied with wine, because it is so 'easy' and readily available (ie normal in most homes) and reasonable priced, whereas I really cannot stomach much of the stuff at all. Bit sad when hubbie has two uncles with vineyards in Blenheim!

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Jul 13th 2007 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

shell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant futureshell and mark has a brilliant future

has anyone heard of morgans spiced rum ...... gorgeous with coke .....i hope you can get it over there.

s and m
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:35 pm
Jen

jenjag will become famous soon enoughjenjag will become famous soon enough

Come on you lot. You're all telling me that you are Teatotal
I'm still in Uk but fly out on 23rd July. Tonight i am having my girly leaving do so will be drinking lovely red wine - pref shiraz and then move on to G&T's. Think i mite be ill in the morning!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Cider & ginger with loads of ice is my current tipple, fuelled by all the cider ads. Cider sales have now overtaken lager in the UK for the first time this year I believe.

Cider and ginger? Not heard of that one and I'm rather partial to cider myself!

Magners haveobviously helped boost sales. although it is a little too sweet for me. My local does a nice one called Stowford press.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OOoo. Pims.

Mostly its a nice bottle of Shiraz and himself is into Stella Artois at the moment which is a bit pricey like. Can't seem to fob him off with the DB special offers at the moment.

Our Hungarian friends like red wine and coke.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Jamesons whiskey,and snakebite. All in the one glass.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:49 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't drink alcohol anymoreas i suffer badly with migraines even with drinking 1/4 glass...30 min later and that's me full migraine attack

BUT i used to enjoy

white wine
dubonet and lemonade
bitter shandy (especially on a hot summers day)

But now it's good old diet coke for me!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
I can't drink alcohol anymoreas i suffer badly with migraines even with drinking 1/4 glass...30 min later and that's me full migraine attack

BUT i used to enjoy

white wine
dubonet and lemonade
bitter shandy (especially on a hot summers day)

But now it's good old diet coke for me!!!
Your liver will love you forever!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

The Famous Grouse - the best thing to come out of Scotland (along with the M74 of course!)
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:52 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Bourbon, in a glass. Easy, eh?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:42 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a few depending on my mood & how rich I'm feeling

Champagne or a champagne cocktail is my favouritest
G&T, with Tanqueray
Sauv Blanc... The Mission, Hawkes Bay is v. good
Villa Maria Riesling
Cognac
Brandy Alexander
Blue Lagoon

That'll keep me going for the next couple of hours
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

shaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura about

In honour of the fact it's Friday night & we would be spending it with our mates if we were in the UK, I wish to know what your favourite tipple is .........

I'll start it off

If it's in the week, and at home then it has to be a Marlborough Sauv Blanc. Too many good deals on around these parts not to take advantage.

If out with the girlies & serious drinking, then it has got to be without a shadow of a doubt Bacardi & Coke.

:b eer:
I just got 2 bottles of Merlot from pak n save $4.99 each mmm but out on the town it's deffo vodka and coke
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Used to love bacardi and coke. Considering I drink so much of the stuff-lager is foul. Bizarre drink.
Guiness!! Love guiness!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by danny.f
Jamesons whiskey,and snakebite. All in the one glass.
Bloody hell, you're hardcore!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.