Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's your best road rage story

What's your best road rage story

Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future
Default What's your best road rage story

I was driving up through North Leeds a few years back and a couple of blokes a few cars in front had a bit of a tiff about something.

They got out of their cars and started to shout and scuffle a bit, until after a couple of minutes they agreed it was daft to be fighting in the street and went and got back in their cars.

Good lads i thought no sense in that, but no, they then drove a couple of hundred yards down the street to a convenient car park, got out and beat the crap out of each other!

Nick
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all
Default Re: What's your best road rage story

About 3 years ago we went to Avondale Market ( Auckland ) there was a lot of slow moving traffic as people were looking for parking spaces, us included.

A guy over took us in his car while giving us the finger, then stopped his car in the middle of the road, got out, and came towards us brandishing a hammer......... we decided not to go to the market after all
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:42 am
Banned

themeggies has a spectacular aura aboutthemeggies has a spectacular aura aboutthemeggies has a spectacular aura about

I have never met so many good and courteous drivers as I have in NZ ever

And I tell .

"LIES"

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themeggies
I have never met so many good and courteous drivers as I have in NZ ever
Now I didnt believe that for even one second!!! I'm not going to say what I think of the driving here.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:59 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Now I didnt believe that for even one second!!! I'm not going to say what I think of the driving here.
Yes but that feeling is wearing out - maybe I am becomming a

kiwi?>>>>?????????
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Yes but that feeling is wearing out - maybe I am becomming a

kiwi?>>>>?????????
I'm not so surprised now at the ignorant and oblivious driving.... so yes, I expect we all get more used to it as time goes by. I hope I never get that ignorant when I'm behind the wheel though. I still acknowledge somebody if they give way to me although nobody ever does the same to me....."ignorant git" I say under my breath and then a 3 year old parrot in the back seat says "ignorant git" too...... oooops!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

..ignorant git" I say under my breath and then a 3 year old parrot in the back seat says "ignorant git" too...... oooops!
hehe same here.....but they are 5 and 2
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
hehe same here.....but they are 5 and 2
Gotta be so careful havnt you. I havnt said w@nker lately whilst driving which used to be one of my favourites! Cant see Grandma being very impressed when she next comes over for a visit and he comes out with the "W" word! lol.

But back to the O/P I havnt really come across any bad road rage here yet. Used to witness plenty back in Peterborough but nothing too serious here yet.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:33 am
Banned

themeggies has a spectacular aura aboutthemeggies has a spectacular aura aboutthemeggies has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to have to say but my linguistic talents have become greater since driving here ,much to my wifes dismay ,she is so chilled out by comparison but still hates driving here and will not do any more than 20 kms distance unless absolutely forced to .Upper Hutt to Lower Hutt to work is her MAX
distance

Sarah B nice to know another Lincolnshire poster .Ever been to Meggies .
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry to have to say but my linguistic talents have become greater since driving here ,much to my wifes dismay ,she is so chilled out by comparison but still hates driving here and will not do any more than 20 kms distance unless absolutely forced to .Upper Hutt to Lower Hutt to work is her MAX
distance

Sarah B nice to know another Lincolnshire poster .Ever been to Meggies .
Hiya.... whats Meggies?? I had a house in Deeping St James, south Lincs, and my parents are just over into the Cambs border north of Peterborough.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:43 am
Banned

Hiya.... whats Meggies?? I had a house in Deeping St James, south Lincs, and my parents are just over into the Cambs border north of Peterborough.
Cleethorpes ,ever been there ??

If you were born in Cleethorpes you were called a Meggie.

Last edited by themeggies; Sep 2nd 2007 at 9:45 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

If you were bore in Cleethorpes you were called a Meggie.
Oh, I never knew that!! I'm sure Ive probably been there at some time. When we went to the coast we went to Skeggy, Sunny Hunny and sometimes Gt Yarmouth. Got a beach just down the road from us now.... nice!!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:54 am
Banned

Never interested when we lived by the seaside ,now its a must to get there as often as possible ,strange how we alter our attitudes when away from our roots ,for the best I hope as after all it is a move of a lifetime and one we think was our best ever .Enjoy it whilst you can .
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 1:38 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

My sister while driving in Auckland a few years ago notice a sticker in the back window of the car in front saying Honk if your a Geordie.
So she honked and the driver in front retuned with the two fingered salute
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

If you were born in Cleethorpes you were called a Meggie.
Hiya

I was born in Great Coates, and spent most of my childhood in Cleethorpes, sister lives in cleethorpes, we are auckland bound in 6 weeks, so excited

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.