Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's your anthem?

What's your anthem?

Old Jan 1st 2007, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default What's your anthem?

Just got back from the pub and this played on the jukebox. I went nuts thinking it summed up my life at the mo, what's yours?

Somewhere else by razorlight

lyrics, if you don't know it. Well worth downloading

You're an emotional wreck
You don't know who you are
You never say what you mean
And you keep your mouth shut
And your nights stay still
And then you come and call on me

You say I just can't help myself
I really really wish I could be somewhere else
than here

And I met a girl
she asked me my name
I told her what it was
She looked at me
I tried to explain
Exactly what I lost

But now I just can't help myself
Than here
You give me everything I need
but I really really wish I could be somewhere else
Than here

Just anywhere else
Just anywhere else than here

And I wont forget
No I wont forget
No I wont forget

And when I saw you there it was the first time
And you just walked on by
I was catching the sparks that flew from your heels
And trying to catch your eye

But that was
somewhere else
somewhere else
somewhere else
I really really wish I could be
somewhere else
somewhere else
somewhere else
'Cause I just can't help myself
than here

And no I just can't help myself
I really really wish I could
I've got everything I need
somewhere else
somewhere else
somewhere else
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of
Default Re: What's your anthem?

Mines got to be 'Its a beautiful Day' By U2. Just for the title! (And we're not talking about the weather!)
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 2:32 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Don't laugh but mines the uk pop idol 2003 star Michelle's record "All this time" ... it becomes more meaningful as time goes on.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your anthem?

"Tiger Feet" by Mud, what a tune!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:14 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
"Tiger Feet" by Mud, what a tune!
I was second guessing you - I was sure you would go for
'I'm too sexy' by Right said Fred

At the moment, I have the song that was out here in NZ when we first arrived going round inside my head. it was on the TV all the time and all the contestants on NZ Idle (yes, I know you spell it Idol) sang it together. It has the lyrics
I don't know,......
do that to me....

guess I never really listened right Anyone tell from those few words what it might be? That's the song that I connect with our move to Hamilton
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:40 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Mine would have to be:

China In Your Hand by T'Pau

Was a dream he had on a theme he had
Total in a foreign land...

You know the rest .

or
Losing My Religion
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Near enough anything from the 80's. Love it all!!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a particular fave tune!

Depending on my mood I like anything Some days I like Soft Rock, some days Pop, some days Musicals ......
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:41 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! ( A man after midnight) by Abba ( whistles innocently )
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

As far as wanting to be 'down under' it's 'Savage Garden's' 'truely madly deeply'

I will be strong I will be faithful 'cause I'm counting on
A new beginning, a reason for living, a deeper meaning yeah
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Snow Patrol -Chasing Cars

We'll do it all,
Everything on our own,
We don't need anything or anyone.
If I lay here, if i just lay here, would you lay with me and just forget the world.....Forget what we are told, before we get too old....Lets waste time chasing cars around our heads .

Or Jamiroquai - Corner of the Earth

Natures got me high and its beautiful.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Coldplay - "The Scientist"

"Nobody said it was easy,
it's such a shame to have to part,
nobody said it was easy,
nobody said it was so hard"

We had a band at our leaving party and I couldn't stop crying when they played it