Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's worth taking,what's not.

What's worth taking,what's not.

Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's worth taking,what's not.

Originally Posted by danny.f
Weird,Donna's the same. We've paid for the move and now she wants more and more adding thanks to this site. Preparation is everything.Dull but true. God I love this site-such a laugh!Kids killing eachother,back soon.
Well, you do sound organised if youre not moving til November.... hopefully be nice and warm by then. Well, flu has beaten me and bed is calling my name.... nice speaking to you... speak again. SarahB
Old Aug 5th 2006, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Where are you headed?
I'm from Ely (parents) then ended up nr. saffron walden, moved to Oz, now here!
Hi,

We're headed to Methven (South Island - near Ashburton - about 1hr south of Christchurch).

Farming/agricultural contractor in UK between Huntingdon and St Ives - farming going downhill here so moving to NZ to work for a contractor/HGV driving.

9 weeks to go and can't wait!!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Well, you do sound organised if youre not moving til November.... hopefully be nice and warm by then. Well, flu has beaten me and bed is calling my name.... nice speaking to you... speak again. SarahB
Hi sarah ,
keep warm and plenty of lemsips.
jane
Old Aug 5th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Morning SarahB,how you feeling today? You any better?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 8:33 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

What's so bad about Cambs and the surrounding areas that so many wish to leave? Liverpool I can understand.
Nothing really.
Well gyppos aren't great but that's not why we moved.
For now, we're here. Nothing set in stone as SarahB says.
Everyone at home says it's going to the dogs in the Uk but you come her and the Kiwis say the same!
Funny ol world.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Nothing really.
Well gyppos aren't great but that's not why we moved.
For now, we're here. Nothing set in stone as SarahB says.
Everyone at home says it's going to the dogs in the Uk but you come her and the Kiwis say the same!
Funny ol world.
Going to the dogs here is far more advanced than going to the dogs there i suspect. Just not the level that it is in Europe. Tell you whats funny-being incredibly honest here,and I hope I don't offend anyone,but what started to get to me was the level of immigrants who had no skills to offer,who were sponging. Working in a busy hospital you appreciate the foreign docs/nurses who came to offer their skills and expertise,but the others you start to resent-no matter their troubles.So what do I end up doing? Becoming an immigrant,and suddenly your perspective changes again.
Yes,it's a small and funny ol' world.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Morning SarahB,how you feeling today? You any better?
Hiya.... not much better but thankfully no worse. Coz Im preggy I dont even know if I can take painkillers.... keep looking on the packets to see what I can take. I just feel so full of cold, I expect my body is finding it hard to fight the infection at the moment. Ive been feeling so good too up til friday then it just hit me.... thursday I had so much energy I even jogged down to the beach. Its the first illness Ive had since last year so cant complain too much.

We had a power cut already this morning but thankfully back on now.... just having my morning cuppa..

Its rained all night and raining now.... I reckon our water tanks must be full to the top again by now.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hiya.... not much better but thankfully no worse. Coz Im preggy I dont even know if I can take painkillers.... keep looking on the packets to see what I can take. I just feel so full of cold, I expect my body is finding it hard to fight the infection at the moment. Ive been feeling so good too up til friday then it just hit me.... thursday I had so much energy I even jogged down to the beach. Its the first illness Ive had since last year so cant complain too much.

We had a power cut already this morning but thankfully back on now.... just having my morning cuppa..

Its rained all night and raining now.... I reckon our water tanks must be full to the top again by now.
You poor lady dude. Reckon it's a girl. Pregnant,the only recommended analgesia our hosp recommends to preg ladies is paracetamol,for yourself 2 every 4 hours,but no more than 8 in 24 hours. (one of my unknown skills-can prescribe paracetamol for kids! WEIRD). Take a couple,keep warm,chill out,relax,don't stare at computer screens all day!! Can your hubster do head massage? Boss for headaches-or get your feet rubbed-that works too!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Hiya.... not much better but thankfully no worse. Coz Im preggy I dont even know if I can take painkillers.... keep looking on the packets to see what I can take. I just feel so full of cold, I expect my body is finding it hard to fight the infection at the moment. .
The only time I have had sinusitis is when I was pregnant and so couldn't have antibiotics, etc. I was given a product called Karvol - comes in capsules which you can break onto a handkerchief, pillow or into hot water and inhale with an attractive towel over the head! Although a simple, old fashioned remedy, is really effective for bunged up noses/heads/sinuses - won't cure anything but does ease symptoms and is safe to use - I've seen it in the baby product section of supermarkets or pharmacies.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

You poor lady dude. Reckon it's a girl. Pregnant,the only recommended analgesia our hosp recommends to preg ladies is paracetamol,for yourself 2 every 4 hours,but no more than 8 in 24 hours. (one of my unknown skills-can prescribe paracetamol for kids! WEIRD). Take a couple,keep warm,chill out,relax,don't stare at computer screens all day!! Can your hubster do head massage? Boss for headaches-or get your feet rubbed-that works too!!
I reckon it might be a girl this time too..... I find out on the 28th of this month. According to all the old wives tales about pregnancy its a girl.... more sickness, carrying up high..... faster heartrate etc... I cant wait to find out... wasnt allowed to know back in Peterborough.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
The only time I have had sinusitis is when I was pregnant and so couldn't have antibiotics, etc. I was given a product called Karvol - comes in capsules which you can break onto a handkerchief, pillow or into hot water and inhale with an attractive towel over the head! Although a simple, old fashioned remedy, is really effective for bunged up noses/heads/sinuses - won't cure anything but does ease symptoms and is safe to use - I've seen it in the baby product section of supermarkets or pharmacies.
My sinuses feel awful and I dont normally suffer much with them. Ive used Karvol for my littlun.... still have some left.... thanks for the tip, Ill go find it.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I reckon it might be a girl this time too..... I find out on the 28th of this month. According to all the old wives tales about pregnancy its a girl.... more sickness, carrying up high..... faster heartrate etc... I cant wait to find out... wasnt allowed to know back in Peterborough.
They're all old wives tales!! It's all in your bum. If it looks bigger from behind its a girl. Scientific that. Never fails. Well,once,but they never sued.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

They're all old wives tales!! It's all in your bum. If it looks bigger from behind its a girl. Scientific that. Never fails. Well,once,but they never sued.
Ooerr... maybe Im wrong then. I dont reckon my butts got any bigger this time around.... although its big enough already from the horse riding I do!
Old Aug 6th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Ooerr... maybe Im wrong then. I dont reckon my butts got any bigger this time around.... although its big enough already from the horse riding I do!
I haven't even got a horse to blame. Jaffa cakes. Can you get jaffa cakes? If not its all off.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Know what youmean about the ever steady growth of housing-therefore people and all they bring. The problem is made more obvious the nicer the place is.
I've just got a samsung D600E,quite a nice phone,so wouldn't mind bringing that,but it's not the phone that matters,but the SIM card that matters,so I didn't think mobiles were a problem. Would like to stick with Orange though. Would I need to do anything on arrival in NZ,can you sort it before you leave?
only 2 networks here, vodafone nz and telecom

alot of new uk phones are locked to a specific uk network, both mine and other halfs were, so we had to get them unlocked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.