Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whats the weather like where you are?..

Whats the weather like where you are?..

Old Nov 5th 2007, 12:32 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Whats the weather like where you are?..

Yesterday was sunny and warmish. Today is coolish and cloudy. About an hour drive to the west of where I'm sitting at the moment there is a prediction of snow down to 600 metres. Not all doom and gloom as I bet it will be back to warm and sunny a couple of days from now. New Zealand has got plenty of weather.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:17 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny sunny sunny day here in Marlborough and the forecast is the same all week, which is great as we have just bought a tent and want to put it up to try it out

http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/...alias=blenheim

Think the thermometer might be in the shade at the airport today, cos we think it's hotter than the 17 they are quoting
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I moved over to Vegimite pretty damn quick after copping a gob load of the slippery, disgusting goo that's called Marmite here. Bleurgh
Our Mate is the same as our marmite.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was mostly wet and windy, today was mostly wet and windy, tonight is bloomin cold - who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I moved over to Vegimite pretty damn quick after copping a gob load of the slippery, disgusting goo that's called Marmite here. Bleurgh
I have been here nearly three years and never even dared to try it until last week. Disgusting goo is a very mild description. Needless to say I shall never ever be tempted to put that stuff in my mouth ever again.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Nov 5th 2007 at 8:10 am.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Sunny sunny sunny day here in Marlborough and the forecast is the same all week, which is great as we have just bought a tent and want to put it up to try it out

http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/...alias=blenheim

Think the thermometer might be in the shade at the airport today, cos we think it's hotter than the 17 they are quoting
The true air temperature is always taken in the shade
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Can't remember what day is what last week but recorded 38.9 degrees in back garden in the sun and 33 deg in the shade. Locals were saying it hit 40 deg in Oxford? Over the weekend here it was around 32 - 35 deg at home and the temperature monitor on the townstreet was showing 25deg at 5.30pm. Today however is grey, coldish and looks thundery which is great as the garden could do with a good watering!
Official highest temp recorded from the whole of NZ was 27.6 degrees in October & 27 (to date) in November. (26.2 & 24.1 respectively for your area).
I think you need a new thermometer
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

The highest ever recorded temperature of 42.4°C occurred simultaneously at Rangiora (Canterbury) and Jordan (Marlborough) on 7 February 1973.

On 3 July 1995 the mercury dropped to a record -21.6°C at Ophir, Central Otago.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:57 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Official highest temp recorded from the whole of NZ was 27.6 degrees in October & 27 (to date) in November. (26.2 & 24.1 respectively for your area).
I think you need a new thermometer
I did say it was just in my back garden and in the sun! And had the official come to my back garden in his check of the whole of NZ you might well see differing result to those he published
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:00 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Thermometer is a digital Science Museum one that also records humidity and predicts daily forecast, amongst other things.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I did say it was just in my back garden and in the sun! And had the official come to my back garden in his check of the whole of NZ you might well see differing result to those he published
Not arguing, just going by what I read.
This is a decent site:-
http://www.dwight.co.nz/

The records section give the highs & lows.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nope definitely not sunburn weather today, plenty of wind and rain, then the sun showed its face briefly at about 7pm
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:42 am
Banned

Pete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Nope definitely not sunburn weather today, plenty of wind and rain, then the sun showed its face briefly at about 7pm
Dunno about you but it was lovely warm and sunny where I was today
Old Nov 6th 2007, 9:38 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Auckland today - wet & miz .

But who cares, nobody likes Aucklanders, serves them right for living in the city
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:55 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna be a good one people
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:54 pm
Banned

Pete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura about

You dont like the weather just drive an hour or two you may find what you like better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.