Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's th weather like?

What's th weather like?

Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wjere is the sun??

Originally Posted by danny.f
Doesn't matter as long as it's lacoste,Green and grey is popular,with hat and gloves so you don't leave any incriminating evidence.
Our friends live in north west Auckland,over the bridge bout two or 3 junctions along,it was dead nice,can't remember the name though. Was dead quiet and relaxing.
Nice!!

Yeah, its supposed to be lovely up at North Shore but we never looked there as OH works in Penrose/Ellerslie and he didnt fancy that commute. At least youve been here before..... furthest Id ever been away from UK was to Turkey! Took a massive chance in coming here..... hated Auckland to start with but changed my mind as soon as I found Beachlands a month later.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Nice!!

Yeah, its supposed to be lovely up at North Shore but we never looked there as OH works in Penrose/Ellerslie and he didnt fancy that commute. At least youve been here before..... furthest Id ever been away from UK was to Turkey! Took a massive chance in coming here..... hated Auckland to start with but changed my mind as soon as I found Beachlands a month later.
Hiya Sarah
What did'nt you like about Auckland, i live in a little town called Harrogate north yorkshire, lovely, very wet and cold but plenty of tourist.
Whats so wrong with Auckland and why do i feel that wellington should of been my choice!
Thanks jane and hows the cold?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gobshite today..................again!

Another gobshite day in NZ.

Picture taken at about 8.30 am, has not improved since then either..........
Attached Thumbnails What's th weather like?-6th.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Hiya Sarah
What did'nt you like about Auckland, i live in a little town called Harrogate north yorkshire, lovely, very wet and cold but plenty of tourist.
Whats so wrong with Auckland and why do i feel that wellington should of been my choice!
Thanks jane and hows the cold?
I didnt like living in middle of Auckland coz Im just an old country gal at heart. Its so built up my heart just sank when we looked around. All the rentals we looked at were grotty too. I gave up my horse when I left UK on condition that Id get another one here (Ive kept horses now for 18 years so a major part of my life)..... not many fields left in Auckland so we had to move outside..... then I had OH moaning about the commute he'd have into work and he wanted to live right in the middle.... it was a nightmare finding a compromise. Now we are in Beachlands and surrounded by beautiful countryside yet I can see Auckland and the SkyTower in the distance. There are plenty of fields I can keep my horse in and yet we are only 20 minutes from Botany shopping centre. OH moaned a lot to start with about his commute but hes got more used to it now and appreciates living out of town like I do. He goes fishing here a lot and I can ride, and he loves being a volunteer member of the Fire Brigade.

It was just more built up than we ever though it would be.... I hate areas like that.... its just me... I like to be surrounded by fields and trees..... but obviously other people love being in the middle of the city. We left a massive garden back in the UK and were shocked that the gardens in Auckland are so small.... out here we have 1/4 acre so not too bad a size... gardens are important to us, maybe not to other people..... Each to their own eh?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gobshite today..................again!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy

Yes but...but...look! Look at the view. If I could attach or even detach thumbnails (???) I'd show you the view I currently have! In summer!! I can currently see all our neighbours in our temporary new street for 3 months,thouroughly enjoying a sodding barbie that we weren't told about! Actually-we were told last week,but the crapping ma told us this morning it was cancelled!! My wife says I'm over-reacting,I'm livid. At least it's raining. Ha! Victor sodding Meldrew I am. So don't knock your view Nice Guy,cos I for one would swap with you right now!! Thanks for that. Feel sound now.Danny. Liverpool,tired,pissed off,unloved,hungry,but dry. Bastards.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its crappy aint it!! Its rained all night, our garden is covered with standing water.... only time I seen it like this was when they emptied the damaged water tank to mend it. Just had a power cut here too this morning.... hopefully the weather will get better this week??
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes but...but...look! Look at the view. If I could attach or even detach thumbnails (???) I'd show you the view I currently have! In summer!! I can currently see all our neighbours in our temporary new street for 3 months,thouroughly enjoying a sodding barbie that we weren't told about! Actually-we were told last week,but the crapping ma told us this morning it was cancelled!! My wife says I'm over-reacting,I'm livid. At least it's raining. Ha! Victor sodding Meldrew I am. So don't knock your view Nice Guy,cos I for one would swap with you right now!! Thanks for that. Feel sound now.Danny. Liverpool,tired,pissed off,unloved,hungry,but dry. Bastards.
LOL.... you got it bad man!! Yeah he has a fantastic view doesnt he... we have similar here in this rental but moving in 3 weeks time round the corner... will only have a glimpse of the sea and Rangitoto there but I dont care as it will be our place. We shouldnt moan coz of a bit of rain...... but we're whinging Poms.... thats what we do!! lol
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.... you got it bad man!! Yeah he has a fantastic view doesnt he... we have similar here in this rental but moving in 3 weeks time round the corner... will only have a glimpse of the sea and Rangitoto there but I dont care as it will be our place. We shouldnt moan coz of a bit of rain...... but we're whinging Poms.... thats what we do!! lol
Just dried me eyes. Laffed. You right. We so good at whingin. Just seen my average posts per day!! Jesus,sorry everyone. God I go on. This sites great. Gotta go to bed soon,and talk to her!! Nervous.Duno what to say!! Me backs killing.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just dried me eyes. Laffed. You right. We so good at whingin. Just seen my average posts per day!! Jesus,sorry everyone. God I go on. This sites great. Gotta go to bed soon,and talk to her!! Nervous.Duno what to say!! Me backs killing.
I'm a typical whinging pom.... aint happy if I aint got somit to whinge about!!
Have a good kip, Im off to play with littlun if I can crank up some energy.... his dads playing with him at the moment but this screens no good for my headache... seeya later everyone.

Sarah B
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Remember Yossa Hughes?

I recall I went to a footie match in Liverpool once, during my youth/hoon days. It was Liverpool verses Leeds in a FA Cup match.

Went to the Kop, blimey that was scary………..good match though, score was 0-0, had a look round Liverpool afterwards……………even more scary!

Had to put on this false Liverpool accent for fear of being beaten by South hating scousers.

Ah those were the days………………………………………. .so glad they are over and now a distant memory.

That was nearly 30 years ago and I am sure that Liverpool is a far, far nicer place now!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Remember Yossa Hughes?

I recall I went to a footie match in Liverpool once, during my youth/hoon days. It was Liverpool verses Leeds in a FA Cup match.

Went to the Kop, blimey that was scary………..good match though, score was 0-0, had a look round Liverpool afterwards……………even more scary!

Had to put on this false Liverpool accent for fear of being beaten by South hating scousers.

Ah those were the days………………………………………. .so glad they are over and now a distant memory.

That was nearly 30 years ago and I am sure that Liverpool is a far, far nicer place now!
Hell no!! Those scallies had kids,and guess what? They bought their little sods mini moto's,small bikes,and insisted they pi**ed the neighbours off regularly. Then they bought themselves BMW X5's and forgot how to indicate.
I remember Leeds in the 70's-that great tune-'You'll never reach the station'!!
Excellent. We never did either.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: What's th weather like?

There you go..... proof its overcast and raining here. Maraetai beach and Sunkist Bay in the rain... taken this morning.
Attached Thumbnails What's th weather like?-dcp_2473.jpg   What's th weather like?-dcp_2474.jpg   What's th weather like?-dcp_2481.jpg  
Old Aug 6th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: What's th weather like?

There you go..... proof its overcast and raining here. Maraetai beach and Sunkist Bay in the rain... taken this morning.
Weather here is exactly the same. Haven't actually got pictures of Walton jail-but I am assured the inmates are gloomy.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Gobshite...............again!

Another gobshite day!

Cold in the morning, warm in the afternoon, now gobshite again.

Normally in Auckland if you have one or two hours of rain it is followed by one or two hours of sunshine, not enough sunshine over the last 3 days!

Ho hum!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Gobshite...............again!

Another gobshite day!

Cold in the morning, warm in the afternoon, now gobshite again.

Normally in Auckland if you have one or two hours of rain it is followed by one or two hours of sunshine, not enough sunshine over the last 3 days!

Ho hum!
Was just discussing with a friend earlier how different this winter is to last years. Its been much colder..... we have a coffee group and even in mid winter last year we were able to sit outside in a t shirt whilst the kids ran around barefoot round the gardens.... it was gorgeous and quite warm. We've had the odd nice day here havnt we this winter but not as many as last year. Knowing that the northern hemisphere is having a particularly hot summer and we have a cold winter do you think this is related in any way?

Roll on the lovely warm spring days again. So looking forward to them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.