Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

What's th weather like?

What's th weather like?

Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Still Gob shite today............

Originally Posted by Jude J
Really?? I lived in Rothesay Bay for nearly 4 years and I didn't know about it!! We walked from rothesay to murrays a few times too. Take some pics, maybe I'll recognise it!
That is the beach, the one joining Rothesay Bay and Murrays Bay.

It does have a separate name but I've only heard it used once or twice and me being me cannot remember what it is called.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Still Gob shite today............

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
That is the beach, the one joining Rothesay Bay and Murrays Bay.

It does have a separate name but I've only heard it used once or twice and me being me cannot remember what it is called.

Oh OK. Have only walked round when the tide was very low so didn't know if it was normally under water, can you get to it from the cliffs or only at low tide?
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gob shite again today............

Low tide is essential otherwise you........er...........drown.

You can walk from Rothesay Bay to Murrays Bay, that is what we call Secret Beach.

Great fun and a great walk..........even if it is short(ish).
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's th weather like?

Getting warmer eh NG? Although its been cloudy it definately feels warmer. I walked up from the beach at lunchtime and took my jacket off.... more than warm enough in a t-shirt. Saw the forecast tonight and its pretty good for the next 3 days too.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:59 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's th weather like?

We didn't light the fire last night. It did get chilly around 9 but not enough to think about lighting it at that stage. I'm out of my winter duffel coat too Wehey!

I was talking to a girl the other day about winter here vs Europe and she was complaining about how cold it was in Auckland this year. I said that it wasn't THAT bad really and she said "it WAS!. Those five days were the coldest I've ever experienced in Auckland" I'm still laughing and she can't see that she said anything odd
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Cool Getting even better.............

Originally Posted by SarahB
Getting warmer eh NG? Although its been cloudy it definately feels warmer. I walked up from the beach at lunchtime and took my jacket off.... more than warm enough in a t-shirt. Saw the forecast tonight and its pretty good for the next 3 days too.
Yes SarahB it is getting decidedly warmer, although I spent most of my day with a load of ingrates and I could not see or go out in the outside save for a few walks to clear my cluttered brain.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Wjere is the sun??

Gobshite again today..........just where has the big yellow thing gone?

Cold, wet and miserable.............just like me!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wjere is the sun??

The big yellow thing is down on the Kapiti Coast, its smashing down here, just come back from a morning on the beach, paddling & all. Fantastic time had by all till daughter fell in wet sand & got it all over her snotty little face!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 5:23 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wjere is the sun?? Kapiti Coast

Originally Posted by poppets
The big yellow thing is down on the Kapiti Coast, its smashing down here
My thermometer read 18C. It felt even warmer in my sheltered back garden. It feels nice to be in Waikanae too.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Same here!! A couple of days ago they said it would be a nice weekend.... well its horrible.... just like me as I have the flu.... supposed to be the same or even worse tomorrow.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Same here!! A couple of days ago they said it would be a nice weekend.... well its horrible.... just like me as I have the flu.... supposed to be the same or even worse tomorrow.
Now just whoa here you lot. Liverpool, 10am,Sat morning,light drizzle,washing's out again,wife's drunk in bed,kids got nothing to do cos all the cars have been knicked,Police helicopter doing his morning round overhead,another 'Summer' bbq about to be cancelled, footy season still hasn't started,got no house,just realised they check your liver before you can go,and you think you've got problems?? Hope you feel better soon.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by danny.f
Now just whoa here you lot. Liverpool, 10am,Sat morning,light drizzle,washing's out again,wife's drunk in bed,kids got nothing to do cos all the cars have been knicked,Police helicopter doing his morning round overhead,another 'Summer' bbq about to be cancelled, footy season still hasn't started,got no house,just realised they check your liver before you can go,and you think you've got problems?? Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks.... Im just feeling sorry for myself... you know what its like when you have bad colds or flu. I have so many things to look forward to this month but I just feel so ruff at the moment... I hate being poorly!!

You paint such a beautiful picture of Liverpool ..... when r u coming here then?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.... Im just feeling sorry for myself... you know what its like when you have bad colds or flu. I have so many things to look forward to this month but I just feel so ruff at the moment... I hate being poorly!!

You paint such a beautiful picture of Liverpool ..... when r u coming here then?
Only having a laugh. The Anti-Take -the-Piss-Out-Of-Liverpool-League will have a contract out on me soon. I'll have to put on a tracksuit and curly black wig to hide in. Liverpool is superb. Really do love it and will miss it hugely.Very proud but well travelled people we are. Song from the 70's- Scousers here-scousers there-scousers every f'ing where!
Anyway,leaving in November hopefully,but we've been bad with the paperwork,and that's with The Emigration Group's help!! Jobs start Feb 7th,but that is flexible thank god.
Cannot wait,the kids want to go,the wife wants to go,the neighbours want us to go,my mates want us to go.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by danny.f
Only having a laugh. The Anti-Take -the-Piss-Out-Of-Liverpool-League will have a contract out on me soon. I'll have to put on a tracksuit and curly black wig to hide in. Liverpool is superb. Really do love it and will miss it hugely.Very proud but well travelled people we are. Song from the 70's- Scousers here-scousers there-scousers every f'ing where!
Anyway,leaving in November hopefully,but we've been bad with the paperwork,and that's with The Emigration Group's help!! Jobs start Feb 7th,but that is flexible thank god.
Cannot wait,the kids want to go,the wife wants to go,the neighbours want us to go,my mates want us to go.
Hopefully you will like it here. We are kinda near Auckland but in the countryside surrounding it..... its lovely here. Its nicer than where we lived back in the UK.... reminds me more of my childhood..... going out to get wood for the fire.... kids walking and playing without their parents worrying about their every move.... friendly village life.... I love being able to walk to the beach.... cant say I felt the same when we first got here and lived in South Auckland though... takes time to find the area you like and want to live in... Beachlands is just lovely.

Time will soon pass and youll be here. The last year has just whizzed past so quickly for us.

LOL... dont you just love those tracksuits!! What colour would you choose?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Hopefully you will like it here. We are kinda near Auckland but in the countryside surrounding it..... its lovely here. Its nicer than where we lived back in the UK.... reminds me more of my childhood..... going out to get wood for the fire.... kids walking and playing without their parents worrying about their every move.... friendly village life.... I love being able to walk to the beach.... cant say I felt the same when we first got here and lived in South Auckland though... takes time to find the area you like and want to live in... Beachlands is just lovely.

Time will soon pass and youll be here. The last year has just whizzed past so quickly for us.

LOL... dont you just love those tracksuits!! What colour would you choose?
Doesn't matter as long as it's lacoste,Green and grey is popular,with hat and gloves so you don't leave any incriminating evidence.
Our friends live in north west Auckland,over the bridge bout two or 3 junctions along,it was dead nice,can't remember the name though. Was dead quiet and relaxing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.