Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

whats shocked you about new zealand

whats shocked you about new zealand

Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: whats shocked you about new zealand

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
and the poor standard of the health service,
Really? I've found the health system WWWWAAAAAAYYYYY better than the NHS... $28 to see a doctor that very same day!

Their willingness to continue with the children's UK booster cycle even though it's slightly different to the NZ one.

The speed at which my husband got treatment for cancer.

The way my daughter was treated for ear infections and how quickly she got grommitts, although they were a little slower to get for my son.

Can't fault it at all!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiwiflyer
Defensive comments from .............................you guessed it a Jafa
Not being defensive at all, just pointing out that a) your jokes are well out of date and b) I dont consider someone who has lived in Auckland a couple of weeks an Aucklander. I am proud of being a jafa. But I have lived here almost 5 years so I feel like I am one.

If you are a kiwi, you should feel proud of all your cites. Especially the one that pulls in so many tourists.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:56 am
Banned

kiwiflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niseysOH
That anti Auckland/'Pom' chip you're carrying so well on your shoulder must get very heavy sometimes but i just wonder why you carry it?

If you're a Kiwi happy with their lot then why post in the way you do here?

I don't think anyone who's posted as an Auckland resident has said anything bad about where you or others live in NZ but you seem obsessed with, Auckland is this that and the other....all bad so far as you see it?

Intrigued as to why you have the attitude to Auckland, its people,houses and mentality (as you put it), not to mention your seemingly anti 'pom' stance.

Did you try and fail at living in Auckland or maybe even the UK is that where it comes from?

We're all a bit anti something here once in a while but looking back at your posts via a search there's an obvious theme........
Did I say I was a native New Zealander? Why is it that if some one feels strongly on a topic and has a laugh and a joke you have to be the one who tries the bully boy I think you have a problem attitude post.

Nothing shocks me really about New Zealand other than it is letting in more and more immigrants who come here for the lifestyle then complain and whine about what they miss.

Did you not insult us country bumpkins in another thread? Pretty strong words telling someone they tried and failed to live and Auckland or the UK. Its not failure to live in Auckland or the UK its a desire to have a better life than that. Guess you are still hung up on the ideals that you forgot to leave on the plane.

Drop the snooty we are of a better class act you should have left behind in the UK. New Zealand is a fine place without it.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:05 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

...Did you not insult us country bumpkins in another thread? Pretty strong words telling someone they tried and failed to live and Auckland or the UK. Its not failure to live in Auckland or the UK its a desire to have a better life than that. Guess you are still hung up on the ideals that you forgot to leave on the plane.

Drop the snooty we are of a better class act you should have left behind in the UK. New Zealand is a fine place without it.
I'll second that! It's the up-yourself we're better than you attitude that's really getting on a lot of people's rocks! Being in Auckland does not make you better. We don't all aspire to live there. Living in Auckland does not mean you've 'made it in life'. You seem to, consistently, miss the point! Tell you what, stay in Auckland - suits you sir!!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Did I say I was a native New Zealander? Why is it that if some one feels strongly on a topic and has a laugh and a joke you have to be the one who tries the bully boy I think you have a problem attitude post.

Nothing shocks me really about New Zealand other than it is letting in more and more immigrants who come here for the lifestyle then complain and whine about what they miss.

Did you not insult us country bumpkins in another thread? Pretty strong words telling someone they tried and failed to live and Auckland or the UK. Its not failure to live in Auckland or the UK its a desire to have a better life than that. Guess you are still hung up on the ideals that you forgot to leave on the plane.

Same old chip then.....get over it....

The country bumpkin comment was posted with a few suitable smilies after it and in response to a similar remark again light hearted by the person who posted just before it.......
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

The only people who seem in the slightest but bothered and affected is you who don't live here.....fine get on with life where you live and stop worrying about Auckland.......simple....

Last edited by teambwr47; Aug 27th 2007 at 2:12 am.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:16 am
Banned

I see a pattern here

Galileo was wrong but then they had not discovered Auckalnd back then
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Dandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the rough

NiseysOH, you need to get out a bit mate, you sound like a right sad git
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dandy Dan
NiseysOH, you need to get out a bit mate, you sound like a right sad git
Maybe we should give Nisey a break Only been here since 21st June a whooping 2 months and and expert on all things Kiwi
Probably suffering from seasonal adjustment disorder due to the lack of daylight hours
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Crack on guys not interested in your posts or comments any further thanks.......

Just make sure you carry those chips high and proud on your shoulders

And i don't mean crisps......

Last edited by teambwr47; Aug 27th 2007 at 5:06 am.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:10 am
Banned

Crack on guys not interested in your posts or comments any further thanks.......

Oh how sarcastic that sounds
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry for laughing but some of the comments in here are giving this Kiwi a real giggle.

How about playing nicely in the sand pit .
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll repeat the above plus it applies to personal messages that carry on in a similar fashion to your posts......"i'm not interested"...don't send any more!

I notice you handily block any replies to your message and its suggestions but my pm would have been a carbon copy of this post.

Last edited by teambwr47; Aug 27th 2007 at 6:16 am.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:16 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how sarcastic that sounds
is that you KJP?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Problem PMs clogging up the in-box can be reported to a mod. or admin who will deal with them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.