Reload this Page >

whats the first step

whats the first step

Old Oct 25th 2006, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats the first step

Originally Posted by karonious
has youre furniture and belongings arrived yet?
when you said about the shells,i was wondering if your stuff takes quite a while to get there.
what kind of books do you read?i noticed kathy reiches.ive not read any hers.
i like val mcdermid,martina cole,mark billingham mostly psychological stuff.
eileen
Hi there,
our furniture is meant to be leaving the UK today and arriving end of Nov. Groupage (part load) takes longer but that is not a problem as we haven't that much actual furniture as we always intended to buy here. We are really pleased with the stuff we have bought so far, just waiting for the lounge/dining bits to be delivered on Thursday. I do miss the dishwasher and tumble dryer though. We rented a micro-wave and washing machine but thought we could manage without the other two....Come home little dryer, all is forgiven
I have read every fantasy-fiction book ever written (minor exaggeration) and will read just about anything else apart from romance. I have been know to take a Watchtower to bed and even a children's encylopedia (my ex-husband was NOT impressed with that - told me 5 f*****g chapters wasn't f*****g foreplay!!) Kathy Reichs - true life forensic anthropologist. She is always digging up mysterious bones and solving crimes... singlehandedly of course [/QUOTE]
hi karen,
had to ask hubby what a watchtower was lol
you certainly do like to read.
we,re planning bringing everything .
first we thought of selling the lot and starting fresh but read few posts saying to bring gardening stuff furniture clothes etc.
we,ll have to get new car over there though.
im even gonna start stocking up fleecy jammies.the way your describing those cold houses we,re gonnae need them. lol
also i,ll need to get stacks of diet irn bru
hubbys dreading doing without tennents lager.
read that you can import though. are yous adjusting to not having the stuff we take for granted?
eileen
Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:40 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

are yous adjusting to not having the stuff we take for granted?
eileen[/QUOTE]

I have honestly never given it a second thought. A bit baffled as to fish initially. I now know I like hoki and snapper. Not the same as UK but just as good. I bought and cooked some silverbeet - now one of my new colleagues tells me it is only fit for animal feed So haven't missed anything yet, too busy trying the new stuff.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eileen35
cheers danny,
not long till your medicals now.
i seen on your previous post your eoi had been accepted.congratulations
i bet yous cant wait now. have yous got most things sorted?
my daughter had been chatting to guy in hamilton too and he said that wellingtons windy.thats couple people said that now.but a bit winds nothing.
colins still more for wellington anyway as its bigger than hamilton.he still wants city life.
so you get the low down on wellington.and keep us clued up.
do yous know anyone in wellington?
Have you thought of Palmerston North? Been here 18 months and we love it. Do some research on it..I will be glad to help. Extraordinairily child friendly, affordable housing, back drop of mountains..small but still mountains..no traffic, limited crime, the areas known as the Manawatu..go on have a nosey, you will be impressed..it has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay exceeded ALL our expectations. Be lucky where ever you choose!!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:35 am
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Have you thought of Palmerston North? Been here 18 months and we love it. Do some research on it..I will be glad to help. Extraordinairily child friendly, affordable housing, back drop of mountains..small but still mountains..no traffic, limited crime, the areas known as the Manawatu..go on have a nosey, you will be impressed..it has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay exceeded ALL our expectations. Be lucky where ever you choose!!
will do that dom cheers