Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Wikiposts

Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

ANYTHING SOUTH OF WATFORD!

Good-night.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
they wrapped up my eldest son's homework when they packed his desk....I had to write a letter to school explaining why he was late handing it in!....bet the school hadn't heard that excuse before!
Old Nov 18th 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Container arrives Tuesday and I'm so hoping I will find something really daft that they packed up for us!!! Bevissa
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:29 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Container arrives Tuesday and I'm so hoping I will find something really daft that they packed up for us!!! Bevissa
woo-hoo! xmas comes early for you this year. have fun unpacking!!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

LucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud of

I thought my packers had been really good - despite me forgetting to put them on the 'do not pack' pile they left out the phone books and take away menus - 10 points to them

Then I got here and unpacked my little pile of coppers (as in money not the police variety!!) so 10 points off.

Then I found a little package, wrapped around with loads of brown tape that took ages to undo, then layers and layers of wrapping paper - to eventually find....one used teabag!!!!

LMFAO It has to be a deliberate joke to cheer you up during the tedious unpacking!!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:47 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyS
I thought my packers had been really good - despite me forgetting to put them on the 'do not pack' pile they left out the phone books and take away menus - 10 points to them

Then I got here and unpacked my little pile of coppers (as in money not the police variety!!) so 10 points off.

Then I found a little package, wrapped around with loads of brown tape that took ages to undo, then layers and layers of wrapping paper - to eventually find....one used teabag!!!!

LMFAO It has to be a deliberate joke to cheer you up during the tedious unpacking!!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

That was funny.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyS

I hope you've saved it & put it on Trademe. I'm sure someone would buy it What brand is it?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

LucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud ofLucyS has much to be proud of

Hee hee, what with me being famous of course would be worth a fortune. It was a PG Tips one, so could probably have used it and even after 3months got a stronger cuppa than your average Kiwi brand
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Well probably the daftest thing we discovered when we started unpacking our belongings was an almost empty container of Koi Fish Food that the packers had wrapped and boxed off. Image of fish floating on the garden pond back in the UK springs to mind
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:52 pm
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough

This is a great thread, people in work must think I am nuts and I am giggling away and more importantly I just just discovered this site is not blocked (could be bad for my to do list).

I will be packing all the boxes myself as it cheaper so hope to not find anything strange but as I have to leave them open to be checked you never know.

<shipping query moved to a thread of its own>

Louisa

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 24th 2009 at 8:22 am. Reason: Snipped the end to put in a thread of its own
Old Nov 24th 2009, 8:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Loui5a.
I'll split your question into a thread of its own. That way you should catch more people to help and answer with stuff to bring or not bring.
it will also leave this thread clear for the daftest things shipped.
Cheers
Old Nov 26th 2009, 12:02 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hi Loui5a.
I'll split your question into a thread of its own. That way you should catch more people to help and answer with stuff to bring or not bring.
it will also leave this thread clear for the daftest things shipped.
Cheers
You're such a considerate and damn nice person Bevs; I'm just impressed. BE can congragulate itself for having you as a moderator..U take care...also Polly is a great mod too.