Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Wikiposts

Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the daftest thing shipped over?

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Don't know about Auckland but in Wellington you have to buy special bin bags from the council otherwsie they don't take them away.
I've only got pedal bin liners and food bags. Do you think I'm daft or something... Only 'cos I remembered my friend in Auckland having to buy special bags for refuse otherwise I'd have stocked up on them as well Wish I had a stuffed dog or something really odd......
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevissa65
I've only got pedal bin liners and food bags. Do you think I'm daft or something...
Good call on the pedal bin liners, especially if it is for the little wee ones, cos I have never been able to find any of the really small ones here.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

dandctaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Our packers have managed to pack piggy banks that were full of 1, 2 and 5p coins as well as a bag that had coinage that we were planning on taking to the bank this week. We also think/hope that they have packed the window lock keys for our conservatory. As others have said, if it wasn't nailed down or hidden in cupboards then it was wrapped and packed.

David
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dandctaylor
I've only got pedal bin liners and food bags. Do you think I'm daft or something
Well actually Bevissa, now you come to mention it.....

Oh, while I think about it, it is the law that you use Jeyes Fluid on your stuff in the container. The more the merrier, so make sure you stock up on that Only jesting

Good post, will get some small bags then, so cheap at Tesco.

How's the stocking up on toiletries coming on......

For anyone else reading this post, it is not really the law. I am just taking the proverbial with Bevissa coz she will be in NZ before me and its not fair
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
Well actually Bevissa, now you come to mention it.....

Oh, while I think about it, it is the law that you use Jeyes Fluid on your stuff in the container. The more the merrier, so make sure you stock up on that Only jesting

Good post, will get some small bags then, so cheap at Tesco.

How's the stocking up on toiletries coming on......

For anyone else reading this post, it is not really the law. I am just taking the proverbial with Bevissa coz she will be in NZ before me and its not fair
Thanks for that Maria, I shall bribe the customs at Auckland to search all your luggage very thoroughly just in case you have anything you shouldn't have.... If you are really lucky I will meet you at the airport
I haven't seen Jeyes fluid in Tesco's or Sainsbury's, how can I stock up And the toiletries are coming along nicely thank you. Two big boxes and counting....work are going to get me a Boots gift voucher as my leaving present as well yay even more to get Bevissa xxx
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, mine is coming on great guns too. A girl can never have too much stuff.

argh, meeting at Auckland airport would be so nice...what a lovely idea, you are a sweetie really. All that piss taking earlier, I didn't mean much of it.... honest lol

Last edited by Numptyhead; Aug 25th 2009 at 10:13 pm. Reason: coz a numpty
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
LOL, mine is coming on great guns too. A girl can never have too much stuff.

argh, meeting at Auckland airport would be so nice...what a lovely idea, you are a sweetie really. All that piss taking earlier, I didn't mean much of it.... honest lol
You're just creeping now cos you don't want your luggage searched...what will you have in there I wonder..... Meeting at airport may well happen if shifts allow. Be good to grab a hello before we pile up to yours for the dolphin swimming...... And what do you mean you didn't mean MUCH of the piss taking I'm a bit slow in the mornings too - its the Norfolk in me.....xxxxxx
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Well, we are a third way through our unpacking and have so far found the top to the floor safe, including the key and a bag of rubbish which was next to the bin, but they left the bin

Quite excited to see what else has come
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

A friend told me the packers had wrapped and packed an inflated balloon that was left over from their leaving party - arrived safely although slightly deflated
Old Oct 4th 2009, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

I know I'll be finding the log book to my car (which is staying in the UK) DVLA not terribly helpful either Looks like some nice friend will have to do the honours when I get the log book posted back to uk. Bevissa
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:45 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Tail lights from my car (PT Cruiser) which I'd sold before leaving UK so they were really were of no use to us in NZ but I sold them on Trade Me.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Marymungomidge is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hello all, so what was /is going to be the daftest or most obscure thing anyone has shipped over to NZ and why? Apart from my boxes and boxes of stationery and smelly stuff I'm taking lots of tesco value food bags and bin liners cos they are so cheap here, surely NZ couldn't price match them Not particularly strange just a bit stupid maybe.... I'm certain there will be some really, really strange things listed....... Bevissa
Shower hose with no head. Empty bottle of Bombay Sapphire. Good one Clark and Rose!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 2:06 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Given the current rate, the daftest things I have 'brought' are British Pounds
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:55 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P2L
Our packers wrapped our takeaway menus up and packed them!!!
That has amused me no end- the agony of the menus for all your favourite takeaways and you're stranded in the Pacific

Stupidest thing I brought was the dog (back from Australia).
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

I had 236 boxes delivered promptly yesterday at our rental - but where is the kettle - it's not in the kitchen boxes and where are the shelves from the bookcases?

AHHHHHHHHH! - don't tell me - I know - they're in a box!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.